1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Longweight's Mechanical Keyboard Guide

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by longweight, 23 May 2012.

1. law99

law99 Custom User Title

2. bolous

bolous What's a Dremel?

very interesting guide!

3. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

My Lofree arrived today.

Fits nicely on my desk, pretty happy although I definitely prefer the Cherry keys than those of Gateron. Thanks for pointing it out @Gareth Halfacree

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Jun 2019
    Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I have bought a cheapo (Qisan) / Magicforce 83 mech board as a compact secondary board #dontjudgeme

I'd like to highlight the arrow keys as they blend into the rest of the keys, being squished right next to rt shift and rt ctrl.

I see there are a number of keycap styles (switches are MX brown clones), and wondered if there was a straightforward way to work out what they are.

They're definitely sculpted, but I couldn't say with confident if they were Cherry std or SA for example.

I can see a full size mech board being needed as my daily drive some time soon...

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Probably OEM profile, which is similar to Cherry, but taller. [edit] Didn't realise the post was so old... didn't mean to necro. Soz.

Arboreal likes this.
  6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

It lives!
    *Update*
    I bought a white Corsair keycap set locally and swapped over the arrow keys as proposed and also the esc key for some balance.

Since then, I have bought a blue illuminated full size Ducky with browns for work, and more importantly a Ducky One Two TKL with RGB illumerated reds.
    It's lit up keys are great for gaming IMHO