1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Arctic Killer / 2060 Super 9600KF NVME

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AT0MAC, 7 Mar 2020.

1. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

[​IMG]

I build this around December 2019, around same time as Frozen II was released in cinemas here where I'm from ~ so I had some fun with it and some of my daughters toys XD

I build it for a friend who have for long been needing a much better system, so he gave me a budget and let me loose - this is what he ended up with.

It's a pretty damn solid build, and I was actually quite surprised how speedy and silent the whole thing turned out, specially the CPU cooler is freaking awesome! …most likely not the last time I will use this cooler again in other builds

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DL94Pn

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF 3.7 GHz
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120
    Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666
    Storage: Intel 660p 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME
    Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650 W 80+ Gold
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
    Case Fan: 4x ARCTIC F12 PWM PST 53 CFM 120 mm

...I'm not very active in the tech world at the moment as I'm having too much fun being somewhat of a small time content creator, specially for Sea of Thieves, that takes a lot of work and time - but I still tinker with tech from time to time, i'm not hard to find in case your interested in what I do, I'm at0mac - I'm pretty much everywhere on the Internet :thumb:

[​IMG]

2. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

There was a few requirements, one of them being budget.
    But also noise, or the lack there off, look and had to have Wi-Fi ~ so that kinda looks like this:

[​IMG]

He have NO interest in overclocking, but still want a smooth experience, and in my opinion Intel might cost a little more than AMD, but gives in general a smoother ride with strange things happening.
    Went with a 9600KF:

[​IMG]

We where discussing storage a lot, because he wanted speedy access to data, but at a low cost.
    That combined with the look requirement lead me to go for NVME, so there's no cables for the first 2TB of data:

[​IMG]

Taken both looks, price and quiet into consideration, I went for this new cooler from Arctic - because he don't want to OC then there is no need for anything above a solid 120 option and this thing, damn it performs and looks GREAT

[​IMG]

3. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

The case itself is also a bit of a surprise, it actually don't cost that much, but is really nicely build and looks pretty great - right out of the box it looks a little bit boring inside.....

[​IMG]

Just look at it, it looks pretty great, but little boring ~ at the same time.....

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, by the way, there was room in the budget for RGB RAM - we all know that squeezes the last few FPS out of any gaming rig ;)

[​IMG]

I was thinking about what to do for a few days, just postponing the whole build.
    Was supposed to be done before Christmas, but that did not happen due to the fact I don't want to deliver a boring PC

Browsed the local hardware store, as in power tools, paint, nails and that kinda hardware - found a rippled piece of plastic, that I then sanded down on the back to make it more matt and attached it with double sided sticky tape:

[​IMG]

Now that's much better..... Let's see this with some light on

4. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

At the time I build this, I posted this picture on my Twitter - and ended up having Arctic Cooling retweet it XD

[​IMG]

My daughter is a huge Elsa and Anna fan, so we have a bunch of those toys at home, was too tempting not having a little phot fun with it....
    Oh yea, also borrowed some of her nail polish to make my mark on the case, my "at0m"

[​IMG]

Well, I think I forgot it in the parts list, but there is like 3 Phanteks LED strips in here too, for the light effect. It is RGB, but I kept all lights cool blue/bright white - not sure that the owner did after he got it

[​IMG]

So, here it is, a very simple little mod, mainly just carefully selected parts (especially I'm a sucker for white fans)
    ARCTIC KILLER:

[​IMG]

Get inspired, do your own thing, build an awesome PC and have fun.

I am already working on the next thing so I see you again soon.