1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Devs.

Discussion in 'General' started by Corky42, 7 Apr 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Maybe we should all just, you know, put a cork in it... :worried:

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Or take the cork out. That's my general solution

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Just logged in one last time to point out how you're all proving my point exactly, in typical BT fashion it's turned into veiled attacks on the poster, I mean seriously you're more concerned with proving yourself right to realise how hypocritical your being, not just you but everyone who missed the following key point because they were so focused on massaging their egos.

I made a post to talk about a possible future where a quantum computer maybe able to look into the past or future and get told that it's not possible because all of you can look into the future and know without any doubt that current theories will not be disproven, if it hadn't turned into the usual condensation it would be funny, but it's not, it's simply killing the site and pushing people away.

Have fun.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Err... Et tu, Brute?
    Passive aggressive? Check. Veiled (and unveiled) attacks on the poster? Check. Burning desire to be right? Check. Refusal to admit to being wrong? Check. Hypocritical claims that others are being hypocritical? Check.

Be the change you want to see in the world, Corky.

edzieba and VipersGratitude like this.
  5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

See what i mean, you use contextomy because you're more concerned with proving yourself right, all you're doing is proving why these forums have turned into a toxic place and people are being driven away.

And i will be the change i want to see in the world, I'll accept that you and others are never going to change or see fault in yourselves so I'm simply going to leave....I dare say you'll make some stupid quip about how I'm taking my time, or that i keep posting, and honestly i couldn't care less as you'll just be proving how toxic these forums have become and how little room there is for varying opinion.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm trying to show you that you're doing the very things of which you're accusing others. Literally, tit for tat. I mean, if you want to go through and provide context for why each of those quotes is definitely not you being hypocritical, refusing to listen to anyone with a different opinion to yours, and attacking the posters for want of an actual argument in support of your views, then feel free. You might find the process enlightening.

I rather think you'll find, however, that there is no context you can provide which will show I quoted you in a way to distort your intended meaning. Unless, that is, "you must be right killjoys" has some kind of positive connotation I'm missing?

7. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Our stance comes, not from an isolated opinion, but a body of knowledge. The hypothesis you want us to consider requires throwing out physics and starting anew. Laws of physics aren't "disproven" they're simply described with greater clarity. We didn't throw out Newtonian gravity after Einstein, we still use it every day because it still works within useful parameters. The quantum physics you're asking us to discard is the most accurate theory ever conceived, proven to make accurate predictions to within 10 parts in a billion. It will never be disproven, merely superseded by deeper understanding...which won't invalidate it.

So, the most accurate theory in all of science says that it's impossible. You say that maybe it won't be some day, but then the burden of proof is on you, and the best reasons you can give us to shatter our concept of the universe are lacking - Failed market predictions or use case scenarios, and the also incorrect assertion that our understanding of physics isn't incomplete, but outright wrong, and that some day 2+2 might equal 5.

So you accuse us of not being open-minded...

edzieba likes this.