1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Other than clogging the clacker that's my second worst nightmare right now.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Some days you just have to write off mate, we all have 'em.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Unsure. I think it was particularly toffeeish bit, possibly with a bit of kernel, but afterwards I felt a very sharp edge on my tongue. A quick brush later revealed a quite big hole.

I've been taking extra codeine to help me through the modding, it's not great for easy passing.

If I could get one of those MIB pens and erase the last 2 years, that'd be great.

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

You poor budgerigar, I have great sympathy for you. Mrs A found a toffee in the drawer about 10 days ago and broke part of a tooth. It was the day after they shut the dentists down.

Seemingly no plans for anything other than hospital level emergency dentistry right now.

File it with an emery board if you can, we bought some temp filler, but it was crap; sadly.

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Been vomiting since last night. Finally finished a single piece of toast.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'd say go see a quack... but it's america... don;t want you remortgaging your soul....

7. The_Crapman

And now this morning we have emergency evacuations. No vomiting yet but I feel it's only a matter of time.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dude, sounds like something has disagreed with you.

Not been out in the sun too much have you? That can make me go like that, but then I guess there could be a myriad of reasons.

Hope it clears up.

9. The_Crapman

Life. :hehe:

adidan likes this.
  10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

bought all the best stuff for doing a oil change, put my car up on jacks unscrewed the bottom tray, couldn't for the life of me get the old oil bolt off.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Today would've been my father's 74th birthday. Knowing him we would've celebrated this one instead of his 75th, just to not do what everybody does. He died almost 17 years ago. As if that wasn't reason enough to feel bad, it's also the first of his birthdays without my mother, who passed away last August. I'm not the one to cry normally but today I seem to well up again and again.

Can't wait for my mum's would've-been-birthday in the middle of August. This year'll be tough.

The_Crapman likes this.
  12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

The heater valve on my Reliant Scimitar (which is in the cabin next to the drivers leg) decided to let go on the way home on Monday. Cue 4 litres of antifreeze at 80 degree C spraying up my leg and then pooling in my bucket seat. Now have a slightly scolded leg and a bit more scolded arse cheek with two rather unsightly blisters/boils. Not fun.

13. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The joys of classic car ownership...

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Geez, that never happened to Princes Anne!

15. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

How did you get home, with a compromised engine cooling system?

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Luckily I was only 2 miles from home, gave my dad a ring who came out in the landy with some water and two 1/2" bolts and I blocked the heater pipes up, refilled the engine and made it home.

Didn't help with the burn that it took about half an hour from being burnt to starting to treat it.

Third time the cars chucked its coolant out, :D. First time it just decided to boil for no reason. Changed the engine and gbox, and then a blanking pipe popped off the inlet manifold about 5 miles from home, and now this. I'm very close to doing a basil fawlty on it. A previous owner had bodged up the heater valve, the valve part must have failed previously, so they'd just shoved a piece of wood turned into a cork shape in the valve body, no indication that it was going to fail and you couldn't tell it was wood as they'd put a plastic cap over it and painted it all black.

17. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Hope the family jewels heal okay then bud !

adidan and The_Crapman like this.
  18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

:thumb: Luckily they were completely unharmed, :D. Could have been a lot worse, no pain at all now, just awkward trying to sit anywhere, :D

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not ruining, but irritating nonetheless... Know-it-all keyboard warriors who'll (incorrectly) tell you that you're wrong and give you incorrect information instead of contributing something meaningful.

Maybe I'm too used to this forum; you might not get an answer - or even the right answer - to a question here but at least people aren't d!cks to each other about it. (Well... most of us aren't anyway... :grin:)

goldstar0011 likes this.
  20. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

[sarcasm]No, no, no you're wrong! Just wrong! Everyone knows the giraffe is the most useless amphibian![/sarcasm]

Sorry couldn't resist...

Goatee and Byron C like this.