1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

not sure why the picture looks like that its and lg BU40N drive woulda cost the same if i hunted down the right firmware and the the buffalo case. and yes i have flashed it to the current libredrive fw just a couple of cmd line in ubuntu and its done

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Now to wait for the out of stock stuff and the stuff shipped from far far away.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, obviously, it's sharp. Has to be. It's UltraHD, after all.

I'll get my coat.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

So many things. So, so, many things.

After removing most of the guts of the ****-box radio and replacing it with a Pi (And PiMusicbox) I've come to the realisation that my Pi stocks are dangerously low. IE: I only have a Zero to hand now.

So another Pi4, because it's somehow cheaper than old 3's, and some SD cards.
    Evergreen plasticard in various thicknesses 'cause Metal Gear Rex.
    Various Gameboy parts for the GB pocket, IPS screen too 'cause the standard screens are basically crap
    The model of the bionic arm from MGS:V that was in the limited editions (And basically the only bit I ever wanted from that edition)
    A bunch of CD's because "project buy all music I've pirated that I can remember" is going to go on forever. And ever. And ever.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Basic laser level, got stuff to do that needs to be level

[​IMG]

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Truck mods - a central locking kit for the tailgate and an auto-folding mirror module.

Because apparently on even a £38,000 truck, either of those are a luxury too far.

Don't make the mistake of assuming your house is level to start with.

Fingers66, IanW and liratheal like this.
  7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Figured I will probably need a little extra space for my mod.

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I hope you got a spares or repair, getting a hold of one of those that works and gutting it would be like buying a Renoir for a practice canvas.

Actually Renoir probbaly made more paintings than there are Gamecube GBA adapters.

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

As far as I can tell there are plenty of Gameboy adapters, though they do go for a little more money than the gamecubes themselves. It's the Gameboy player CD that's the real rarity. Fortunately I have no need for one.

If I were to mod a Panasonic Q however...

I asked around for broken or empty shells, none available. Certainly not at the price I payed for these. 20€ shipped for the cube and 25€ shipped for the adapter.

11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

[​IMG]

liratheal and Byron C like this.
  12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I did see one on fleabay not long back, but really didn't feel like paying 500 chonkers for a plastic box to chop it up.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So much for "next day delivery": DPD says it doesnt have the parcel yet, and Creality's order status page still says it's "getting it ready." Bah!

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Next-day delivery*
    *please allow 5 days for picking and packing

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't mind that so much, but they sent me an email three days ago saying it had shipped and with a DPD tracking number - and DPD sent me its own email saying it would be delivered on the 27th...

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not sure what's going on with DPD at the moment.

One delivery - on time with proper tracking
    Another deliver - on time but told it had gone out for delivery after it already arrived
    A third delivery - apparently due on Saturday but DPD say they're still waiting for it.

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Yeah, not sure what the national picture looks like but DPD have been a sh!t show down here in the past few months. Stuff not getting loaded onto vans in time, deliveries attempted to my office address stupidly late in the day, several days in a row. Tracking updates all over the place.

Shame, they were always one of the more reliable carriers before the COVID boom.

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

EU wide DPD look like they've been caught with their pants down, half asleep.

The DPD drivers here are completely useless for the most part.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I know DPD have taken on a lot of new staff recently to cope with increased demand.

20. Gareth Halfacree

We always have the same driver for DPD (delivery, anyway, collection's a crapshoot) and he's ace.

Speaking of: notification from DPD that my printer should be here this afternoon. Oddly, the Creality Store order status page still says it's "getting your order ready..."