1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah that was mentioned on another forum, so I turned some round to be intakes before I ran Destiny 2 and I ran Cinebench again and it knocked 1c of the temps overall.

The Deepcool fans even at 100% just don't really move air around.

They should be better than the Deepcool ones, but I will be swapping the case out to a 7000D eventually and a full custom loop.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

Because I am a big brave boy (AKA stupid).

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Shinburgers!

I remember the Brooklyn Works pedals those are based on, they certainly... add stability.

4. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

RIP your shins/calves.

I once lost my footing on a pair of flats with large studs on whilst putting down full power on a climb. The back of my leg was a messy site - not recommended!

This particular design does look intended to maim and mangle legs.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Are they called Shinburgers because one slip and they turn your shins into burger meat?

6. Vault-Tec

That's them yeah. These are much less vicious I can imagine, but I think I will still put on my footy shin pads regardless.

[​IMG]

David - yeah. These things make shark bites look lame.

About a week ago I bought the heaviest BMX freestyle frame ever made, the Morales BTS (AKA better than sex, not sure about that part).

[​IMG]

2" tubes with 1" stays. The headset and seat tube are also over sized and need shims. BTW when I say heavy I mean, heavy. over 8lb. So, I did what any one would do and quickly went on a spiral of mid to late 90s stupidity, and bought the heaviest strongest BMX rims ever made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And an enormous hub for the rear.

[​IMG]

I am hoping for this thing to tip the scales at almost 50lb by the time I am done.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Pretty much, they are shaped like meat tenderisers and the effect if you slip is much the same.

8. Vault-Tec

I managed to keep my shins almost intact during those days by wearing very heavy baggy jeans. And sensible pedals. I avoided things like BMW and Crupi and Shark bites etc. Mostly opting for Shimano etc. That said I did have a few dates with a "Primo Tenderizer" and it still made the eyes water.

It was my knees that took the biggest pastings. They are virtually all scar tissue.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well to give these Deepcool fans a fighting chance, I remounted the cooler and ran it again and the temps were the same.

Just fitted the Lian Li fan's and whilst it does feel and sound like they are moving more air, the temps are 1c lower but the clockspeed is 50Mhz higher when running Cinebench R20 and R23.

So time to start saving for a custom loop with 2x 360x60mm rad's, maybe they will help to cool the CPU.

10. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Those Pedals remind me of the bear traps I had on my haro freestyle bmx.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

i wanted one in gold but it appears they were a limited edition (boo!) but still, cant wait to try this indoors. :D

Pete J likes this.
  12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

New patch for the bag:

[​IMG]

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I carry my bag every day too!

:lol:

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Wood! Because I like wood stuff.
    Velcro! Because I like Velcro.
    Long impact sockets for wheel removal, with the nifty little plastic sheath doodads.
    Dust covers for HDMI and DisplayPort ports
    3 Doors Down - The Greatest Hits
    Eagles - Hotel California
    Ennio Morricone - Best Of
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Really The Best Of
    Gotye - Making Mirrors

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Payday, and more than that it's half-year bonus day, so... Conspicuous consumption ahoy

This kickstarter.

[​IMG]

Not for the colouring book, which ain't really my thing (though I suspect it might float a certain Mr @Gareth Halfacree's boat) but primarily for the top reward tier. I am totally on board with the exhibition that RMCRetro is building and I have no problem putting my money where my mouth is.

[​IMG]

32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600MHz

[​IMG]

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm AIO - 'tis very highly rated as AIOs go. I was originally planning to get the Corsair H150i Elite, but after seeing the troubles @damien c is having keeping a 5950X under control I decided to opt for a different brand. I'm not ready for a full custom loop yet.

[​IMG]

3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fans - I've got bloody RGB in everything else in this case, so I'm going for the full set here! I might be coming across as a Corsair fanboy here - let me assure you that I am not. I am not a fan of having multiple background applications to manage peripherals and RGB, so far that reason alone I'm trying to stick to one brand where possible. The more I can do in iCue the better.

[​IMG]

Corsair 5000D Airflow - honestly, I am not a Corsair shill, I promise! :lol: I picked this case a while ago because it reviewed well with Tech Jesus over at Gamers Nexus! It could have easily been the Fractal Meshify, but this looks more roomy inside. Besides, this is for my other half's PC not mine!

[​IMG]

WD Blue SN550 1TB. Any NVMe SSD is going to be better than the SATA SSD my other half is using, and she isn't going to want to worry about things like DirectStorage, so... a claimed 2400MB/s read and 1950MB/s write will do just fine.

[​IMG]

Audio-Technica AT2020TYO 'Aiiro' Special Edition - the classic streamer's mic, the AT2020. The fancy 'aiiro' finish was a fiver extra, so... why not.

I know it's been out a while now, but see this is the good thing about audio gear: if a mic was good 10 years ago then it's still a good mic today. Just because it's been around a while doesn't make it a bad mic.

[​IMG]

Behringer FLOW 8 digital mixing console - mixing console with a multichannel USB audio interface built in.

[​IMG]

I didn't want to buy Behringer. Not because I think that their products are crap or cheap; quite the opposite, they've done a lot to put out good audio gear at affordable prices. But I didn't want to buy Behringer because of their ethics. They're leaning hard on the 'edgelord' marketing, even going as far as to use anti-semitic imagery in a personal attack against a journalist.

But.

I want a mixing desk which has a multi-channel audio interface built in. I want to be able to feed each mixer channel (or stereo pair) back into the PC as a dedicated audio interface channel. I really don't want to give up the simplicity of hardware level control and I am so done with the idea of DIY'ing something (which rules out something like deej). The closest competition the Behringer FLOW 8 has is the Zoom Livetrack L-8... which is nearly twice the price.

So in most cases I'm willing to pay extra to avoid supporting unethical or immoral companies, but I'm afraid I have to draw the line at paying 95% over the odds.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I actually interviewed Neil about that this morning. The piece goes live on The Register tomorrow, I think.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Neat! Will be sure to keep my eye out for that!

Seems like a thoroughly nice chap, although of course you only ever see the on-camera persona.

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

CPU Waterblock is being delivered today with some tubing and a Pump/Res mount.

Today I will probably be ordering the Pump/Res combo, then next month it will be some other parts for the loop.

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I love my AT2020 USB mic. Been going strong and solid for a long while now. Surprisingly comes to pieces relatively easily, too. Something I had to do to clean it after it lived in a room that regularly had spraypaint in the air.

Byron C likes this.
  20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nvidia Shield Pro 4k (2019)
    250GB Seagate External SSD
    1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe SSD
    8TB Seagate External HDD

I've also upgraded my phone contract, so I've gone from my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, to an iPhone 12 Pro Max

Sam