1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Barrowch AiO cooler has a 1440p display on the CPU block

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Aug 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If I want to know what Aida has to say about my PC, I'll run it under windows and look at it on my monitor, where it will be big enough to see without a magnifying glass.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Wow, such innovation!
    [​IMG]

(I know it was already mentioned in the article)

4. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Was thinking the same ... just didnt want to be sarcastic :grin: . Who on earth wants all their system info on a teeny tiny screen which if you dont have a windowed case .. and its clean ( if you do ) , and also right next to you on the desk and your not over 45 and needs reading glasses , it seems a tad pointless.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

:lol: That display has a higher resolution than my main screen. So uh... Will it run Crysis?

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

How the hell is someone supposed to cable manage a freaking HDMI cable going to the CPU block so it doesn't look like the system was cobbled together by a dead donkey?

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Erm. Why?

I can understand having a basic display, even if I think that might be a little ostentatious. But a 1440x1440 resolution screen? That's just wasteful.

8. Halbyrd

Halbyrd What's a Dremel?

Idiotic. The only way a display that dense would be usable is if it were literally strapped to my face, i.e. in a VR headset. Stuck on a pump-block, presumably behind at least one tempered glass panel, there's no way you can make use of that level of detail. The Kraken Z73's display is a bit chunky at 320x320, but much more than that is silly.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If you're just stuck tiny text on it then yeh it's gonna be a bit ****, but big temp display numbers that scroll through, other graphics or animations could be pretty cool.

Gotta be better than the dot matrix crap MSI put on theirs, that freezes whenever you look at it funny.

Tags: Add Tags