1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SuperHans123, 21 Feb 2022.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Anyone looking forward to another orcs and trolls extravaganza?

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm not particularly keen on the gameplay style in the Souls franchise, so this one's quite far down near the bottom of my list of new games to pickup and try.
    Can't say that I find any enjoyment in the obscene amount of rolling about to dodge attacks and spending 30+ minutes chipping away at a boss that has more health than it makes any sense for them to have... only to discover that the boss has phases and you have to do it all over again.

I reckon I'll play it eventually, but only once it's dirt cheap.
    Almost certain that I will drop it as soon as I get frustrated with one of the early boss battles.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  3. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Saw a good comment on Simon Parkin's Graun review, something like "Sounds like Breath of the Wild for mega-nerds". Sign me up!

I've never cared for the idea of Souls games but this one sounds really quite different. I'll look forward to playing it, probably after a sale.

4. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Elden Ring (PC) - Buyer beware this port is terrible - YouTube

Omnislip likes this.
  5. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I've only played one Souls game, and didn't even get this far. Pretty sure I dropped it in frustration at a run of the mill skeleton.

I did stick at Remnant: From the Ashes a lot further though. Given Elden Ring has been touted as more accessible I'll definitely give it a go when there's a sale.

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

ive clocked in over 500 or so hours, its got bugs and glitches and by no means a perfect game but its got me hooked like no game has in a long time. heck having looked at my bank balance it has stopped me from from buying kit.

also anyone trying the the mods to uncap frame rate, increase fov and ad pause function disable multiplayer and easy anti-cheat i forgot and my achievements on steam are not unlocking

7. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Can you explain why it is such a good game?
    I watched quite a bit of Youtube footage of people playing and it seems to be the same 'run around, press lots of buttons or keys to kill another character' and then do the same over and over again.
    Is there any emergent gameplay at all?

keef247 likes this.
  8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I know nothing about it apart from it sits #11 on the all time PC games on metacritic one behind ME2 (!).

I will buy, install and enjoy without looking at a single video or review.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Loved DS1 and 2, but didn't like DS3 or BB.
    Gave this a go, and honestly there are some amazing parts to this game, the world is simply staggering BUT..... I need a sense of direction and progression. This was lacking in DS3 and is even more so with ER. Uninstalled the game after 30 hours.

Also, there is no excuse for grinding in a single player game. This is just the signs of poor game design around progression it's just padding out the play time. I do not have the time as someone that works full time and has a baby to kill the same enemy all day just to level up.

10. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Read the last part as 'baby to kill'
    Lol

Otis1337 likes this.