1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other QE2’s Jubbly

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 28 May 2022.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Now BBC are talking about the Queen’s clothes. I suggested to my wife, perhaps she would wear the emperor’s new clothes.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Absolutely loving the anti royalist sentiments on here.
    Entitled rich unemployed people living in gated accommodation in London we give free money to.

Cheers for the extra day off.
    And thank you to all streaming platforms to enable me not have to endure one second of the sycophantry.

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

My wife was going to go to the village jubbly party but, is now so peed-off with the media banging on about the jubbly and, assuming we are all obsessed with it, that she said today that she is not going to go. I was never going to go but, she is far more sociable than me.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Haven't really noticed it tbh, been getting on with life having fun.

Although I did see a bulldog in a Union flag neckerchief take a big dump earlier, I guess that's kinda patriotic.

Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Just had a street party in my close. Was nice chatting and chilling with all the friendly neighbours. Before COVID we had get-together almost every year.

We were at Victoria Park yesterday for the kids' splash-park and happen to picnic at perfect location to watch the planes fly over in formation towards the Mall. Victoria Park or Olympic park should all be the perfect place to see the planes. No point trying to get into central with so many people.

I have the same attitude as many people on this forum, pretty much for all holidays. But an extra day off is an extra day off. Watching cool planes fly over and catch up with neighbours are good bonuses.

Pete J likes this.
  7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Had the Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster fly right over my house while i was **** shovelling in my neighbours field in south glos today, that was nice but that's about all the interest I have :)

Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  8. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

There's a Jubilee on?

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Yes and today is apparently Thank-you Day. So, thank-you Betty, for being privileged and receiving lots of tax payers’ money every year.

Last edited: 5 Jun 2022
    Pete J likes this.
  10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I had to work yesterday.

The high street was closed for a street party, and we had a constant stream of, let's say tipsy, arseholes asking for things like a jubilee discount on the furniture prices or why we didn't have a special jubilee sale on, or why we didn't have a bunch of stuff out on the forecourt for free (seriously), because jubilee.

Longest. Day. Ever.

Fcuk the jubilee.

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just preparing the road closed 'barricades' for our poorly planned street party ;)
    Road closure was booked but no central organisation as to what's being done. Organiser is apparently going to walk up & down the road with a drink.
    Well, if the road is closed, may as well put a table and stuff in the street, when else can I do it legitimately? :D

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Aside from the local gammonspoons gammoning it up... you'd have been hard pressed to tell it was anything other than a regular few days during half term...

SuperHans123 likes this.
  13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Up where my new flat is in one of the wealthier parts of Bristol its full bunting land here. Was really jarring when it appeared on Tuesday!

Last edited: 5 Jun 2022
  14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If there was any Platypus parties locally... I didn't see them...

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I came to mum's two weeks ago. I wanted to go back after a week, but they had already started closing roads. When I did pop back to pick up my bike it was a bit of a nightmare. The main roads were closed due to cranes bringing in fair rides and stuff. Given I live about 80ft from said rides and the noise would be horrendous* I decided to come back and go home Tuesday.

*the flat is silent with the windows closed, but it's so warm in there it's torture to sit with them closed. Of course just my luck a Cuban bar opened opposite and now they blast terrible music all evening.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Very, VERY NSFW. You have been warned...