1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It'll fit, nae bother.

I had a 240 AIO and my 3090 FE in a NR200.

xaser04 likes this.
  2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

FttP install today.
    Went from this (FttC)
    [​IMG]
    To this
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: just rerun the speedtest, and now at 150Mbps down :D

IanW, xaser04, Isitari and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

So many good things. Man.

So I now get an average of over 170 FPS in PUBG, 1440p ultra. I see highs of 230, and lows of 140. My 2080Ti saw highs of 160s, lows of 100 and average about 130.

[​IMG]

Talking of the G of pubes. So I have been playing bot training matches, to try and train myself not to **** my pants. Sadly that doesn't work. My arse still leaves the chair every time a Kar 98 goes off. However, I had 2200 BP (crap gold in the game, the good stuff costs a fortune, known as G coin). Any way, you get to open random crates with stuff in with BP. But it's always shite. Like, pink flip flops, and it can keep giving you the same stuff over and over so it's a total skank. I've never had anything good out of them at all. Until tonight ! not one but two killer items. Firstly I got a "Rare" gold plated UMP skin (I didn't have any for it at all) and then I got some trousers which are really quite fitting.

[​IMG]

I shall call them the "pre crapped pants".

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

So tempted to pull the trigger on one from CeX @£900 . Store relatively local has one so don't need to risk shipping.

Main thing is I want it for the performance now and for future Display / retro use - like I do with the OG Titan & GTX690 (bought way after launch).

Awesome! Did you have any issues fitting the 3090 in? I know the XFX 6800 ends up sticking out of the hole stamped in the front of the chassis (behind the front metal plate) but the 3090 is shorter (but more stout). Looks like it will be fine once in just a bit of tetris to get it in there! :lol::lol:

5. David

It's easy - bear in mind the horizontal struts on the NR200 can be unscrewed to aid hardware installation.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  6. oscy

oscy Modder

I have a manager who listens to my concerns and doesn't get angry at people.

IanW, Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  7. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Wha ... Twerky girl is back and a manager now ? !

David likes this.
  8. oscy

oscy Modder

Hell nah, my manager is a very gay white Jamaican man.

Twerky girl came to my new store and is a sales associate, but she's moving on already.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

So, I'm now around 5 and a bit months into my new job and it really was a brilliant decision! I'm listened to, trusted, actually get paid a decent salary. Its been a manic few months but really worth it! Plus I'm working even more on the cutting edge of tech in an industry that if we do it right will be one of the largest forces for enabling offshore wind (and other offshore renewables) to become a viable power supply! Really pleased with it all!

xaser04, Isitari, Arboreal and 3 others like this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just had a BBQ. Not much since it was only the two of us, so just some burgers and sausages. But oh my god I forgot how good food can be on the BBQ. It’s got to be 5 years at least since we last did that.

Arboreal likes this.
  11. David

Haven't had a bbq in ages. I love Liver on a barbie and I used to lightly fry up some asparagus with a tiny squeeze of lemon and salt, then wrap em in bundles of three in panchetta or streaky bacon then finsh them on the barbie. Knock up a hot cheese dip and wow.

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Well I did it ...

[​IMG]

Fits nice and snug in the NR200P:

[​IMG]

The card it replaces (XFX RX6800 Speedster) was bit of a brute already:

[​IMG]

So far so good. Ran a quick Heaven Bench and all seems well. Doesn't even get that hot all things considered (I know Heaven is quite old but it pushes the GPU quite hard as long as it can be fed by the CPU).

EDIT: Oh ok.... It's 100% quicker than the 6800 in CyberPunk with Ray Tracing enabled.... (well technically at native 3440x1440 is was actually more than 100% faster (31FPS vs 13FPS) but yeah, with Quality DLSS/FSR for each it is around 100% quicker. Wow, I was expecting it to be quicker but wasn't expecting quite that much.

Last edited: 12 Jun 2022
    Bloody_Pete, Vault-Tec, IanW and 2 others like this.
  13. David

How's the memory junction temp under load?

14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Mine is terrible but thanks for asking. :happy:

15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Will have to find out later.

I have no idea whether the card has been opened before so I am guessing it will be hot..

Core Temp under load in Cyberpunk was 72C after ~30 mins or so, which given the case layout (I don't have any slim fans to act as an intake for the GPU & only 1 exhaust as the PSU is in the top mount position) isn't terrible.

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Well, Nvidia did most likely pay a metric butt-ton to the devs to build RTX support into their game. And with proprietary hardware and your own API you can really brute force those FPS in RT mode whereas your competition must rely on a different API and different silicon that is supported but nowhere near as optimised.

Then again, AMD doesn't have the same power on their dedicated hardware for RT.

17. Vault-Tec

Yay. When your "Case is used with marks and scuffs on right side" arrives and is actually new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bugger me these cases are heavy though.

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I guess the description just referred to the shipping box (which happens quite often with seconds & refurbs)

Arboreal likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Nah it's definitely not the case I bought. Basically when I read the description there was a 1 star review on the AWD IT site from a guy who bought it and said "This should not have scratches on at this price". They also had a brand new one for £179.99 both on their site and Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-H700-...id=1655290193&sprefix=nzxt+pubg,aps,59&sr=8-1

ADMI is AWD IT. So either they sent me the new/wrong one or they had two. It has definitely been opened (because the tape has been replaced on the inner carton) but yeah not a mark on it.

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/nzxt-h700-...mpered-glass-atx-mid-tower-computer-case.html

That was it.

"Below is the original description for this product, any reference to warranty is to be ignored.
    This is a used item, previously built in with light marks on the side of the case. It is in otherwise good condition and in full working order."

IanW likes this.
  20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I mean to be fair there are some pretty unsightly marks all over the case :worried:

Byron C, IanW, mrlongbeard and 4 others like this.