1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows What are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 13 Jun 2012.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Book of Bobba.
    S'alright.

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Finished Rings of Power which we really enjoyed and look forward to the next series of.
    Andor is still great, struggling to wait a week for each episode though!
    Started The Bear yesterday, only 2 episodes in so far but enjoying it.
    Rewatched Chewing Gum, or at least I'd seen the 1st series before, enjoyed it but definitely felt the 2nd series fell off compared to the 1st.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

GOOD NEWS!

adidan likes this.
  4. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Binging Star Trek Discovery, just finished series 3, totes enjoyable.

Byron C, adidan, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Andor was soooo good. Gutted to have to wait however long for the second season, which apparently links up with the beginning of Rogue One.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Reminder - The first two episodes of the sequel to Willow aired on Disney+ yesterday. That's what I'll be watching on Sunday.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Airdate announced for Mando Season 3 - March 1st, 2023

MadGinga likes this.
  8. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Dunno if I'm just getting older and more sensitive but I just finished Welcome to Wrexham. I don't like football - I didn't have a dad around who watched it and the closest I got to it was either playing (jumpers for goalposts) or collecting Panini stickers cos that's what we did at the time. Anyway, that followed me into adult life, and I hated the way it caused hooligan behavior, the amount of money in the game that could go to hospitals or even third nations etc. Whereas I'm not going to be supporting a team any time soon, this show did give me a glimpse into how the game affects a community. I cried a number of times as it got me in the feels particularly the penultimate episode and I did find myself shouting at the TV when a goal was scored, or a ref made a decision that benefitted the opposing team. I'll definitely be watching the second season. I'm not buying a season ticket though.

IanW likes this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I had to watch too, as I work on the other side of Wrexham.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've been meaning to watch that documentary for a while.

11. David

Can't watch it because barstewards from an adjacent street keep parking across my drive. Yes, that street is Wrexham Avenue, so I'm immediately biased against all things Wrexham.

Completely rational, I'm sure you'll agree.

Byron C likes this.
  12. David

Just binged season three of Jack Ryan.

Very entertaining, suspenseful and engaging, if a little trope-ish and maybe a tad too didactic - a common theme these days - apparently, we're all too dim-witted to follow a plot without exposition. I don't want to be too hard on it because I did really enjoy it, but I do get a little peevish when they do that. I sometimes think were a short step away from actors breaking the fourth wall and stopping to explain a plot point to the audience directly.

No, but seriously, it was worth watching. Honest.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2022
    IanW likes this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FWIW - The next season of "Welcome to Wrexham" will really build up the club, as they've already begun demolishing the old, condemned Kop stand (It's been like that for 15 years!) in favour of a brand new 5000-seater one, due for completion for the 2024/25 season.
    This new capacity of 15000 fans will bring the ground back up to current International Football levels, and will hopefully bring the Welsh national team back North.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/2...cecourse-kop-re-development-ahead-demolition/

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Star Trek, Strange New Worlds.
    Bloody good prequel with Pike @ the helm. If you're a crusty that only like the first generation of Star Trek give it a miss, but if you liked Discovery, PIcard etc. then this sits well in the universe.

Tulsa King.
    I recently wrote "Stallone should've to retire gracefully after the last Rambo" in the film thread when reviewing Samaritan the film, but he plays a pretty good old mafia gangster in this, disappointingly short at only 9 x 30 - 40 minute episodes, hope it gets a second series.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's going to get weird, they've got a crossover with the Star Trek: Lower Decks cartoon series in season 2*, among other things
    It was indeed renewed.

* - Which might explain why several of the lead voice actors appeared on stage at SDCC 2022 in screen-accurate replicas of their respective characters' uniforms

mrlongbeard likes this.
  16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

The Rig

Bit of a slow burner, bit of scifi, bit of horror. Binged season 1 twice in a week, c'mon season 2 I can't wait

Last edited: 16 Jan 2023
    goldstar0011 likes this.
  17. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

A great return to episodic star trek, Anson playing Pike is perfect for me, easily becoming a memoraible Captain!

Can't wait for the crossover!

IanW likes this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Yep! So glad I got to meet Anson, Ethan, Christina & Jess at Wales Comic Con (in Telford) last month. :D

For non-Trekkers, that's Captain Christopher Pike, Spock, La'an Noonian Singh & Christine Chapel

goldstar0011 and Byron C like this.
  19. David

The last of us.

Only the first episode, obviously, but I like it.

20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The Lazarus Project - surprisingly engaging for a Sky Original (although I'm only three or four episodes in).

Y: The Last Man - has been good so far but with some real facepalm moments, especially on behalf of the main guy. He really needs a clump upside the head. I did read that it may or may not be coming back for a second series (I couldn't work out which one it was from the many contradictory articles), though with one episode left to watch, I can only see it ending unsatisfyingly so consider whether or not to invest your time.

The Last of Us - seems spot on so far. Don't know if knowing the story helps; I haven't played the games but I did watch a lot of the cutscenes as I got stuck in a YouTube rabbit hole once.