1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows What are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 13 Jun 2012.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'll be honest, I didn't read that because I haven't watched that yet and I tend to avoid anything remotely related to something I'm going to watch.

Just wanted to show appreciation for the sheer effort in writing that amount of text which, undoubtedly, will be worth the read once I have watched it.

:clap:

stonedsurd likes this.
  2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I dunno man it's like 40% irrelevant culture war claptrap, I've written better and more on-topic walls of text :worried:

adidan and stonedsurd like this.
  3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The lazarus project.
    Enjoyed that.

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Game of Thrones

spolsh likes this.
  5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sandman E11 is neato. But by walking closer to the comic's original tone it walks away from the overarching plot structure of the first 10 episodes, and more into the weird disorientating vignette stuff that I liked about the comic, and it's already causing expectation backlash in the household. My wife said afterwards, "wait how tf were those stories connected?" The answer is they weren't. It's more faithful to the material. But they already got everyone invested in overarching stories so this is bound to disappoint some viewers.

Rotoscoped animation in the first portion was gorgeous tho, and remedies my original complaint that the series is hamstrung by the grounding effect of live action content.

6. adidan

The Sandman Mopey Goth Dreamer/10

Up to episode 6, really enjoying it tbh.

Episode 11: A bit disturbing hearing Joel Lycett as a cat but nice to hear Kassandra's voice again :happy:

Last edited: 3 Sep 2022
  7. adidan

Just finished Kastanjemanden (The Chestnut Man).

Only a short six part Danish crime drama but quite enjoyable to say the least and we'll worth the watch.

Just never dub a foreign language programme. It's been a bugbear of mine particularly since spending time in Austria where they dub everything.

Even films with Arnie :happy:

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I love the story behind this: it's 'cos his Austrian accent is basically "rural yokel." Imagine The Terminator, except he sounds like one of the Wurzels from Zummerzet. "Oi need yar cloves, yar boots, and yar tra'or. Oil be back, moi luvver." That kind of thing.

So, despite being a native Austrian he gets dubbed by someone who sounds a little less hayseed. Same reason they use a hawk screech every time you seen an eagle on the screen: 'cos eagles sound ridiculous.

adidan and Arboreal like this.
  9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Star Wars actor Dave Prowse was a Bristol lad, so before being overdubbed by James Earl Jones, Darth Vader sounded a lot like that.

spolsh and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Being pedantic like yourself; “my luvver” is Bristol dialect, rather than Somerset and, The Wurzels’ members were mostly from Bristol and Gloucestershire, although Adge Cutler was from Nailsea in Somerset. Another thing, it’s trat’or, not tra’or.

IanW and Midlight like this.
  11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It was indeed Adge I was considering: he was, after all, the founder, writer, singer, and frontman until his death in 1974. Can't say I could easily bring anyone else's voice to mind when I think of the Wurzels!
    For these, though, I sit corrrected.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The Rings of Power.
    Only 2 episodes in, but so far so good

noizdaemon666, adidan and IanW like this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Agreed.
    Right after I watched them, I remembered that Sky Cinema are showing the LotR movies on a rolling basis, and that I was just in time for the first one. Bye bye rest of day!

14. adidan

Good to know, I'll restart prime when the series is done.

Probably grab a free week of paramount while I'm at to catch up on Star Trek series.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Note that Lower Decks & Star Trek Day are on Amazon here

adidan likes this.
  16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As is Picard [last i saw]

Discouragement and Strange New Worlds are P+ only

adidan and IanW like this.
  17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Having found a voucher I had for Disneyplus, there are some very good series - after hearing great things about The Mandalorian, I finally got the chance to sit and enjoy the series. And then the Book of Boba Fett. Both were very good, just my cup of tea. Loki was the last series which was.. interesting. Went a bit odd on a couple of occasions and seemed to drift off for a bit at one point while they were on the train, but overall not bad. There's so much good stuff on here, seems to be far more than Netflix or Amazon. I've got a fair bit queued up, so looking forward to watching through some classics as well as new stuff on there.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  18. adidan

Aye we watched the Mandalorian a while back. Have a couple of three month trials we'll be activating at some point, not seen some of the Marvel stuff nor the other Star Ears spinoffs.

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nah, all* of the Marvel series that are on there dire, imho. Thankfully NCIS, 911 Lonestar, Orville and the starwars stuff save the day

*opinion based upon watching 4 of them (Moon Knight, Loki, Hawkeye, Wandavision)

20. adidan

I'll probably give them a try - Ireally enjoyed Jessica Jones and Daredevil on Netflix, the others notsomuch. Was a bit annoyed those two were cancelled.