1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Puddidium235 - Feb 2023 Complete +Final pics

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 13 Nov 2019.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Thanks! :D
    It's already filled and I have a temp power supply hooked up for it's first start. -I'm kinda hesitant to push the button, though. :lol:

Bending plexi is a lot harder than copper in my opinion. It's easy to overheat and bubble. It also tends to bounce back from whatever position you formed it to if it's even a little warm.
    Heated plexi handles like really stiff rubber. Adding the stiff rubber cord inside makes it worse.
    The 1st jig I used was too simple, and the tight bend had to be redone to get to 90 degrees. The 2nd jig worked great, but I softened the edges where the tube enters the open space on the last try. On the first try, it bit into the plastic at those points.

2. Cheapskate

It boots! The waterflow is too weak to turn the clockworks, though. :lol: I only had a DDC1. That and the 90 miles of channels is too much to get more than a lazy waterfall into the res.

Monkey Puzzle likes this.
  3. Cheapskate

[​IMG]
    -Just shy of 2 liters of water. She's hefty.
    [​IMG]
    -I was holding off on getting a power supply that fit at this point. I wanted to know if the graphics card survived surgery. :thumb: It did.
    However, the pump was way too weak. It was barely a trickle into the top of the reservoir. I was sitting there, wondering where I would get a better pump with the current wacky prices, when I noticed the obvious thing here...
    [​IMG]
    -GG has WAY more pump than it needs, and hasn't been overhauled since I finished it.
    And D*mn, did it need work. All the tygon tube leeched plasticizer into the system. What I thought was bacteria in the reservoir was actually soft PVC deposits that had fused to the plexiglas.
    [​IMG]
    -Yep, That was a leak. The push-fit tube manifold couldn't handle the stress of having tubes jammed into it, and cracked like crazy. Fortunately, all the plastic flowing around in the loop sealed it fairly quick. I'll have to make a new manifold for it soon... Well, eventually. :lol: It's been a few years since this leak happened.
    [​IMG]
    -While doing the pump swap, I made a nozzle for the reservoir intake. Luckily, I had reject parts to use a template. When It was done I silicone glued it into the gap.
    [​IMG]
    I got another PSU. The last mod I did was this little connection for the lighting.
    [​IMG]
    -Wait. Did I just say "last mod"? Apparently that's wrong. The main cable for this new power supply is only 11 inches. :duh: It would be nice to at least get a cable that spans the length of the motherboard.
    Well, I at least got the reservoir clockwork turning. I may have overdone it. :lol: The top of the res is a vortex of bubbles and foam.

[​IMG]

4. Monkey Puzzle

Monkey Puzzle Minimodder

Glad to hear the flow situation's been fixed - are you using an 18w DDC now?

5. Cheapskate

:thumb: Yep.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You crazy sob. You did it. It's absolutely mental and I love it. I think I just cried a little.

7. Cheapskate

:lol: I'm clickbait, but at least I can prove the clockworks are not a lie. Thanks, Bill.

@The_Crapman -thanks.
    After a long cable-lengthening session, I Got this closed up. I'm d o n e. :eeek:

8. Monkey Puzzle

Monkey Puzzle Minimodder

It's insaaaane! Those sparkly rotating spirals look great! Congrats Cheaps!

9. Cheapskate

:lol: Thanks.

10. arduum

arduum Minimodder

[​IMG]
    INSAAAAAAAANE:rock::clap:

11. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

Not many case mods go viral anymore... those days are gone. But this more than deserves it, ppl need to know just how cool case modding still is !:rock::rock::rock:

12. Cheapskate

Thanks. I will never go viral. :lol: Maybe if I made a vid with red a circle and arrow pointing at a photoshop of Bigfoot in the thumbnail.

13. neSSa

neSSa Multimodder

Beautiful :rock:

14. Cheapskate

:D Thanks!

neSSa likes this.
  15. Cheapskate

[​IMG]
    -So several weeks ago I spent all day breathing yummy lead fumes and got the psu cables extended... Brain feels funny.
    [​IMG]
    -I originally left enough space to thread the cable under the board, but then I added a tube along the mobo edge... The 8 pin was tight too. I had to cut the retaining clip off for it to fit. I never thought they'd jam it in the top corner of the board.
    -Anyway, I owe you guys some pics, but my camera is... I honestly don't remember it being this crappy:
    [​IMG]
    -Tons of extra light, and I still get shots like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -F it. One with flash for the bling effect.
    [​IMG]
    -Top down.
    [​IMG]
    -Cheap, 15 year-old cameras are awful. :lol:
    [​IMG]
    -On the plus side, you can't see my completely naked reflection in any of the pictures... I think.
    [​IMG]
    -That's all for now. I'll post night-mode pics later.
    Thanks again. :D
    [​IMG]

16. ifohancroft

ifohancroft Minimodder

Congrats on another finished build! Awesome as always!

P.S. The reflection of you is completely naked (in which case I don't know what that means) or you are completely naked and there's a reflection of you on the build? :D

17. arduum

arduum Minimodder

He made it!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Stunning dude. Absolutely jam packed with details too, as always !

19. Cheapskate

Thanks a lot, everyone. :D
    @ifohancroft - No metaphor. :D It was an attempt at a joke. -Although I did film my ratty work shirt sleeve in one shot.
    @arduum - And I don't know how. :lol:
    @Vault-Tec - I may tone my work down for any future builds, although I only have 2 other designs ready. One is from the old crazy sketchup contests, and the other is a carbon fiber concept. :worried: Not very toned down.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Looks fantastic dude well done! More pics please!