Project : THE KUBE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sloeri, 28 Dec 2003.

1. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

here is a nifty little linkie for info on anodizing...
    I have anodized diving equipment with the same method... it works!
    it actualy grows a layer of film over the alum... and is part of the alum.... just think self etching primer... only better.. and I have had it hold up through a lot of abuse and even corrosive salt water exposure!
    Just a thought..

2. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Love your nick!

3. coorz

coorz Miffed

Looking very nice! Will be watching this one ;)
    BTW being from that stupid country above yours, your nick is damn funny! :hehe:

4. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

thanks for the link m8 !!!! VERY Usefull :clap:

I think i will give it a try... first i need to get me some money again.... :D

5. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

well.... a nick says it all i guess.... NOT :D

I'm just a regular guy with a foolish nick.... but is also a creative one.... my friends named me this way some years ago... and i kept using it :lol:

greets
    Joeri (sloeri)

6. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Hmm...this case is looking very familiar...

How did you come up with the design?

7. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

hmmmm..... i'm quit surprised by this one.... you think i copied it ??? :idea: How does someone come up with something.... thats difficult to answer..... how does a musician comes up with his music..... you just start working on something and use your imagination, and maybe there are things used you have seen in other designs.... (like the fangrill or the tribal) but thats for everything the same.... musicians also use sometimes the same lines, but it still are different songs.....

greetz
    joeri

8. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

ps if you can show me a design that looks like it please give me an example ...... :confused: i'm sure you will find none.... :D
    If you do find one.... then i have telepatic powers i guess.... :eyebrow: i can give you all the drawings from inventor and the cad soft if you want.... (have to get them from the office though....) :D

9. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

*cough*

http://www.moddin.net/project.asp?ProjectID=2&PageNo=0

You have to admit they are a bit similar :D Unless you know Nosdrovni, i dunno..

10. Fluba

Fluba What's a Dremel?

11. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

Damn.... I Have to admit the project are very similar.... darn.... i don't know Nosdrovni.... but his case looks better than mine thats for sure........ darn..... Its also a cube but there are differences.... He uses another system of putting it together.... backplate is completely different... Inside layout of the parts is also quite different as i can see....(and i like how he made the front side with the drives stealthed.... looks very cool) But i can assure this is not been intentially done by me (or him... but since he has done it first.... darn...)

****..... i better flush mine down the toilet then.... his one is really better looking.... :waah:

12. ajack

ajack rox

No need to stop making it - it's still gonna look good when done and you've come this far already. I say stick it out

13. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Dude that is looking very nice so far, don't let a few comments discourage you- if anything let it drive you to push that case farther away from anything similar to it and make it better. Keep up the good work.

14. sloeri

sloeri What's a Dremel?

thanks for giving me courage :clap: i'll finish it off coarse.... i have been busy planning it (read drawing for months) since i'm not that good in 3d drawing... i'm better at using the machine software of the laser and bending machines we have ;)

i'll keep ya peeps updated... and i'm going to try to outrun that other great looking kube.... Mine will be better :naughty: hehe.... it will be difficult though, since i see that other case is a fine piece of art !

greetz
    joeri