1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the longest youve ever

Discussion in 'General' started by orb, 15 Jan 2004.

1. andrew

andrew What's a Dremel?

is it possible to run seti witht he hard drive turned off in the power settings?

2. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

mine generally stays on until i upgrade hardware or software that requires a reboot best uptime prolly in the region of 3weeks - a month

3. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

NO!!!!!
    Dont do that!! I had it on my lappy for 2 days over the weekend one time, when i left the laptop on, my room literally was 2 degres ferignhight (sp!?) higher at the end. Plus, lappy fans are LOUD (well, my dell is), and it kills batt life. Not a good idea!

4. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

190 mins.

After leaving it idle, the faulty RAM chip freaks and the machine totally dies :(

5. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

Best reply so far IMO :D

6. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Ones pain is another ones pleasure...

Evil git lol

Getting a new chip soon :rock:

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Well, there are a few ways, either you can get a program like mIRC and program it to show you (I can get you a code for that if you want), time it yourself, get a third party program that tracks it, or if you have broadband you do it this way: Start menu -> Control Pannel -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection.

8. Draxin

Draxin Seeker of Photons

326 days 14 hours 23 min

only reaosn it came down was a power outage. ofcourse i was writing a paper for class at the time, and i dont save on a regular basis while working.

9. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

hmm. I would say about a month and a half. Now that I have the my computer in my room, I would have to say 1 day, I reboot everyday.

10. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

11. Le Tordu

Le Tordu What's a Dremel?

About 3 weeks with my former computer, because of video card troubles : when i shuted the computer down (exact term ?) i had to reboot 50 times to see something on screen, so i didn't reboot for near of 3 weeks !

And all with Windows 98, a record I think :hip:

12. andrew

andrew What's a Dremel?

Well being the initive computer person I am, I have already thought of these problems and have overcome them in the following ways:

1)Taken battery out, run from mains (been doing this for about 3months now)
    2)My fans aren't that loud, its only a toshiba satellite 1.5GHz (quiter than my minifridge, which is in my room also)
    3)Open the window :D It is allways under 21 degrees celcius in my room anyway.

I'm on my seccond work unit now, yay.

13. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

mine has been on for a little over 11 days.. I never turn it off..unless I install a program.. or new hardware.. most I have had it up is like 30 days.. :rolleyes:

14. calnen

calnen moo!!

longest for the main XP box would be 2 weeks - I went on holiday but my sister stayed home, used it to check her mail the first day she was on her own and forgot to turn it off...

Apparently no harm done - it was sitting perfectly happily when I got back, but I dont want to try it again ;)

I sometimes leave it up for a few days at a time, like when I've got a slow and rare movie download going I dont want to lose, but mostly turn off at night.

15. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

Was 3 hrs short from 7 days :sigh: Usually i reboot pc after every few days, just in case.

16. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

my firewall/internet router at home has been running since i bought/moved into the place, so upwards of 5 months now... before that it had been running since i put it together (celeron 600), so a bit more than 15 months....

my main pc goes off every night, my htpc and shuttle run 24/7 as they don't make much noise.... worst thing about my shuttle is the damn brright blue power led

17. marcboy

marcboy What's a Dremel?

about 2 weeks+ id say

18. taosd

taosd What's a Dremel?

Left my Pentium Celeron 433mhz on for about 25 days, working on it everyday... with windows 2000... jeez, that machine rules...

19. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

A little over 6 months is my record, but that was a while ago.
    I usually reboot my PC about once ever 2 weeks now.

20. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

My record holds at about 12 day's. But that is only coz I forgot to turn it off before I went on holiday.