1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the longest youve ever

Discussion in 'General' started by orb, 15 Jan 2004.

1. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

'twas probably in safe mode :p

2. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

mine personally, 17 days, my mums PC she left on for over a year :jawdrop: wow, my mum beats most of you geeks :hehe:

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

A year, wouldn't it overheat? Me, 24 days, I had a screenshot of the network connection (how long its been on for), but it managed to screw up after I transferred the pic to this computer - got a piccy for 9 days though :D

*The computer overheated after the 24th day and rebooted*

4. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

firewall 1.5 years (linux)
    fileserver 9moths (2k server)
    mine about 1half months (xp)

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

mine was on for about 6 days downloading some films.

How come you all just leave your machines running?

I start mine up when I come in and go on and dont turn it off untill I goto bed.

Suppose I'll leave it on just to see :p

6. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I think my record is about 6 days while I was downloading something. I normally turn it off every night before I go to bed.

7. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

it warms my room! :duh:

8. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

a little over 3 weeks is my record
    Usually my computer is always on. The last few times its been off have been when it crashed becuase i forgot to up the voltage to stable my OC (my room is colder in the winter, so i need less voltage to keep my proc stable). My computer is super loud tho((3) 92mm and (1) 80mm), so i think im going to start turning it off at night. Just as soon as i fix/replace my power switch.

9. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

my comp wouldnt over heat, id just have smashed it to bits if i left it on over night, the diagnostic leds are to bright and the uvness lights up most of the room, its also a bit to noisy to allow me to sleep

I also had an ME box that ran for 12 hours straight without a single problem, I played some games(mainly solitare), browsed the intraweb, it was dial up so's not to startle it with to much information. installed some stuff. I even managed to play C and C gemerals on it for about 4 hours before it locked up once :D

10. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I just got 5 Days, 5 Hours 6 Min before i ran out of memory and i couldnt do anything else. That was with 512 ddr. And i was surfin' the web, playing CS, playing Crazy Taxi (the pc version), Using Autocad LT 2002, listening to music, and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

11. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I don't leave the computer on overnight for the following:

1. Too much lights, I can't sleep (main reason)
    2. Blows out too much hot air, can't open the windows, too hot, can't sleep
    3. The only reason it would be on would be for downloading, as its on the network, this means 2 computers needs to be on for the net, and my mum rabbits on about the electricity bill.

12. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Current work pc has been up for a little over 14 days and still going strong. The longest I've seen was another place that I worked, took over a winnt pc when someone else left and it eventualy crashed around 16months uptime(I took over it at about 12months up.)

The longest I've had a home pc up has been around a week. Living with parents, they'll shut em off or power will go off or something. Or, I'll install/upgrade some software that requires a reboot afterwards...

13. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I left my pc on (without reboot) for over a week once. I was downloading so much that I just couldn't reboot, otherwise I'd have lost my download slots :)

14. henson0115

henson0115 Banned

3 weeks without my dad moning and then he said one day turn that f*****g computer of its starting to sound like an aeroplane, so of it went and so did my downloads dam all those free games and demos gone to waste

15. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Ah - Windows ME; the world's only Inoperating System.

16. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

im going on 11 months 8 days 17hours and 46....47...48... ah hell... some odd amount of seconds. Ive never had a problem over heating and the think is quiet as crap. I just recently got a new one and that thing is bright and noisy so it gets turned off nightly. But my other beast is like a timex motto: It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

17. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

Until yesterday, when I had to move office, my work PC had been on since I started my summer job, 2.5 months ago. It cruches Folding@Home units 24/7.

As for my home PC, when I'm at Uni it gets turned off every night because a) the girlfriend can't sleep with it on and b) I'm paying [part of] the electricity bill. At my dad house, it's maximum uptime is about 2 weeks because upgrades, tinkering, software installation, etc