1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"THE RIG" A SoulsEnd project (update 1-25-04)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SoulsEnd, 12 Jan 2004.

1. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

just another question: How stable is the apg car in its raiser? :confused:

2. SoulsEnd

SoulsEnd What's a Dremel?

Ive actually spent alot of time thinking about my w.c. plans and I may actually run two seperate systems. Jury is still out but thanks for the tip and I will keep that in mine. Also, I will take a look at your anodizing thread, see if I cant pick somethign up.

3. SoulsEnd

Not very as you can see how the card is sagging a bit. I do plan on securing the backside of the mobo along with the gpu. All wiring will be enclosed in a acrylic box that will be accessible from the back of the case via a flip up style door.

Also to those wondering about cooling of the video card. That card in the pict will most likely be the one being used. Its a 9600 non pro. It comes stock with a passive heat sink. Considering that THE RIG will have very low demands graphics wise, Im not all that concerned about its cooling.

4. PTK

PTK What's a Dremel?

Yeah, i was talking about maybe a swiftech gpu block, the hoses go UP if you are looking at a graphicscard in your hand. So no problems there, but the main thing is would the block physically FIT between the card and those PCI slots on the mobo.

The hight of the block was something like 3 cm. Maybe there would be a AGP riser that you could ~ 'match' the agp slot so that it would actually rest on the PCI slots and the block. No need to make anything more. But thats just IF there are such AGP risers. Anyone know a page where i could see lots of different riser card models ?

Btw, those passive heatsinks really get damned hot if theres no air going through the passive sink [ and with that AGP riser... well lets say the card position is FAR from ideal ;) ]. So when you have finished everything, check the temps out when its been running for a while case closed.

PTK

Ps. Just a hint for the watercooling setup... you might wanna think about setting up the system like this [ assuming 1 pump, 2 rad and a cpu block ] cant remember if you had more blocks.

Pump->Rad1->CPU->Rad2->Pump or Pump->CPU->rad1->rad2->pump

Why ?

Those aquarium pumps generally doesnt like very high water temps, and when you are running only 2x Black Ice Micros [ right ?, just checked the pic quickly ] if you run the hottest water from the cpu to the pump, it might not like it in the long run.

5. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

you could always desolder the PCI slots. Seem to remember the Zapster doing a guide on that somewhere(?)

6. MaxPOwer

MaxPOwer What's a Dremel?

Where you at SoulsEnd? You better have it done by the end of the month! I really want to see it on the 28th! :D Hopefully your not running into any problems!

7. SoulsEnd

Im slowly chugging away at it but between ModdersHQ, family and trying to launch a small retail site, safe to say I've been a bit busy. Some things have been done but nothing to warrant an update yet. My Feb 28 dead-line is getting iffy.