1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project : Little Boy *Small Update 09/16*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cecil-San, 6 Feb 2004.

1. Altron

Altron Minimodder

MDF is Medium Density Fibreboard, it is a lot like wood except it's got no grain and you don't get spliners. I prefer it to wood for most projects.

Perhaps wheels with brakes? It seems to be a vbery large case to carry to a LAN.

EDIT: Posted at the same time as Jonas79 (Always fun when a new post show sup between when you hit 'Post Reply" and when you finsih typing your post)

2. MaxWiz

MaxWiz What's a Dremel?

Absolutely LOVE this theme/idea!

I had a few ideas floating around about using commercial refrigeration fans (240V ac 10" diameter, like you find in a supermarket freezer) with a big rad for water cooling in an acrylic tunnel design, but this takes the biscuit.

Ignore the critics, you know your right, mod on!!!!!

Max

3. ionpcs

ionpcs Banned

what are your plans for paint? or if not paint how are you gonna finish it off?

4. Altron

Altron Minimodder

On the stand you could make some struts out of aluminium tube and mount wheels on the end, using only 3 wheels.

I think it would look best with a single wheel in the middle front then one to each side on the back, similar to a tricycle, each strut being the same length so it's level. Most jets are like this and I think it would add a nice touch.

5. Altron

Altron Minimodder

A B-29 Bomber.

I'm posting this pic because the fuselage of the B-29 is cylinder like your case.

[​IMG]

And the stand for your case

[​IMG]

This would add an awesome aircraft touch to it. :thumb:

6. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Very small update for now....

Finished remaking the control panel...no pics as you already seen the old and its a duplicate of that...just alittle cleaner....
    I have to apologize for these numerous small updates...the only thing stopping me from going any further is the fact that I need to cut the control panel hole in the actual side of the tube...and quite frankly..that scares me...if I mess that up or don't measure correctly..it will make all my work down the drain! :waah:

Hahaha...I really appreciate you ideas and drawings Altron..very detailed.. :thumb:
    Although I really want to stick to a stand w/o wheels...I just think they don't look good..your idea definatly fits the theme...I just don't think it will help it out visually.....I do plan on putting handles on the case to help lug it around..but I think wheels would be too much...sorry man... :D

I plan on doing a bomber nose art style pinup girl on the side...haven't set a paint scheme yet..but I want to keep it mostly aluminum color..just because I think it will look good polished up and such..

I'll get over my fear of cutting into the case and post a real update when I can...I'll have to brainstorm for a couple days..

7. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking great man.

8. HybridSwarm

HybridSwarm What's a Dremel?

i know i'm going to get flammed for saying this, but frankly i dont care, and I like your case man very cool.

Edited by macroman - we have already been down this road :nono:

9. pyrofenix

pyrofenix What's a Dremel?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. It's just a name...i've got a project that is being referred to as 'the bomb' so does that make it wrong too? Give me a break. If he were building a real bomb, then I might have issue with it.

10. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I love the idea of this (Anyone need anything shredded?), but I have to admit, cutting all those holes, and mounting them on the inside of the cylinder, is going to be... interesting... As all those fittings usually go on a flat plate.

Looking at this one closely <subscribed>

11. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

VERY COOL!
    i think it would look good with some re cc's coming out the back, or something that makes it look like it's a rocket :hip:

12. Xiliqueirn

Xiliqueirn What's a Dremel?

Man, that is looking really awesome! And talk about cooling! I don't think you will find too many people with a desk/box fan /in/ their case. I like the idea about turning it into an airplane...it has potential.

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Looks really good dude, love the fans and the control panel!

Keep it coming :thumb:

14. HybridSwarm

HybridSwarm What's a Dremel?

Comment removed - please refrain from posting personal insults. macroman

"the bomb" does not refer to a specific bomb that killed thousands. Bombs have killed thousands yes, but giving a name as specific as "Little boy" is morally wrong.

15. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

This is pretty close to an idea I've got for case cooling. I'm currently working on getting paperwork sent to the good old US Gov't so I can begin working on a prototype. I'm really intrested to see what becomes of this idea.

Are you going to take any measures to reduce the noise level of the fans Cecil-San?

16. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

OMFG!! i think this is going to be a VERY good mod VERY origanle love it when i saw the fans i sw like WTF! I HAVE TO READ ON! :rock:

I have a qeustion tho. looking dow the tube iwith mob in the is there not going to be a prob with the air coiming out of the hs/fan on the cpu and the "WIND" coming from the two 14" fans? :worried:

Anyway i will sub to this thread to see how it goes this is really good lol!!

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

First, thank you for getting rid of the mean comments. We dont like those at bit tech :) Anyway, I have strong feelings that you are just IonPCs, since your location and demeanor are exactly the same. But thats just me.

Cecil-San, That is one sweet case! If you plan on making that thing look like a jet engine (this is starting to get confusing... are you going after "airplane," "bomb," or "engine"? If you want it to look like a jet engine, add some pipework on the outside-that would look sweet! It would be really cool if you attached some sort of huge 24 inch fan on the front, to make it look even more like an engine! :naughty: Yes, i know I am insane people.

Keep up the good work!

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Red LEDs mounted in the back anyone?

19. schultz

schultz What's a Dremel?

You dont mind me asking where you got the aluminum tube from and how much it coust would you as I have a great project planed to make a tower case sized pc out of a cylinder of metal and make it look like a bomb thanks.

20. Terin_Altari

Terin_Altari What's a Dremel?

Cool idea man. I'll be looking forward to the finished result. :thumb: