1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Baby Bliss:: Part 1 :: Designs and Concepts :: Original Thread

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 20 Feb 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Computer Case Under computer cases...

I did not buy the case here but at a local computer show but they are the only ones to carry the case locally...

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Quick Update:

I made a trip out to the local Hardware store today and picked up a few things. I am going to finish the doors and the top tomarrow and have the first front plexi pixs tomarrow. My sketchup work is taking some time right now but the project will be back tomarrow.

Check out my full chieftec on the link below.

3. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

As I said here are the pics of one side and the top... enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The handle peice I am not liking and it will be removed from the case... I plan on making some side panel handles to replace them... the other side is going to be cut like the first side so I will have the pics up as soon as it is done. All the panels need a little more filing till they are done then it is on to the front.

4. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

Stel-thay!

mmmmmm...moddage. I like the cuts you've made. I can tell its going to be a good case. :clap:

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Tight Window Moddage :D I like the lines, they are very clean :) You should put some spiffy etches on the plexi on the window :)

6. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I just finished the panels and I mocked up the case.. these pics are of the case in its finished fabrication (except the front) prior to paint... enjoy. Note:: More mods maybe required as the case get close to paint but these are them until then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just in case you are wondering the outside of the case is going to be silver and the windwos dark tinted... the inside the flat black that you already see...

comments?

7. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

flat black... :rock: the case looks awsome, maybe i missed something, but will you be sealing the paint? it looks like it is getting scratched up.....

[EDIT] I just realized....my 100th post.....
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    [/EDIT]

8. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I am repainting the whole outside of the case silver... the scratching is on the orginal powdercoat on the case...

9. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Now I am working on the front... here is the orginal front with the main plexi panel that I made and fit to the front...

[​IMG]

After measuring and cutting the peices for the cdrom drives

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are not the cdroms that I will be using... they are just mockups for the real things that are comming. Not that the plexi will be painted glossy black and will not be the clear color and the windows will be dark tinted..

10. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Here are the front custom grills for the case... almost done... some filing needed...

[​IMG]

11. TMM

TMM Modder

I really like those fan grills in the plexi! good job, must have been careful not to crack those whenyou were cutting them :thumb:, or must be my bag luck with plexi :D :hehe:

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Front Finished...

Major Update:: Front is Finished...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided to put the small black buttons beside the usb ports on the front side instead of the front for the stelth look. The front is only in primer and will be pained gloss black. The little window in the front is going to be smoked and an lCD behind it. I am debating whether to have LED fans in the front. The sides will be silver and the inside the normal flat black...

Going to paint tomarrow...

I did crack the plexi slightly in the front but I used some epoxy to hold it back together.

13. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

looking really good so far - I really love those fan grilles - look really good as they're part of the big sheet.

14. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking good man.

15. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

OMG this is turning out great. I hope you take your time on everything and make it all look really really clean.

For the front if you want a even more glossy type look get a piece of plexi and paint one side of it with gloss black and face the other side that isnt painted outwords. It looks really awesome, its what I did to my case when I took out all the sliding bezels. Im just going to cut slits in the for when I buy some slot drives. :thumb: I can try and get some pictures of it if you want to see it, but believe me it looks great.

Looking awesome keep up the good work. :dremel:

16. y_N_e_M_a

y_N_e_M_a What's a Dremel?

thats looks sweet.

Is it just me, but are the fan grills a little wobbly? other than that, thats a sweet case.

17. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Just a little...

They cracked... :waah: :waah: :waah:

I guess that I am going to be doing another panel...

I am going to use the fan grills in the pix but painted black to match the front of the case... I am going to be getting gray (smoked) plexi for the sides and I am going to make the front out of it too... stay tuned...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see the op grill broke while adding the fans... but I wanted to see the fans anyway in the front so here they are. What do you think of the color combinaion? (My camara does not like red so the pink really looks red in real life). More to come soon...

18. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Front Panel Fabrication and Paint Prep...

[​IMG]

Remember the nasty cut on one of the top peices... it is gone :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peices all striped and getting ready for primer

[​IMG]

Measure twice, cut once... expecially when the material cost more than the case... 40 dollars to be exact

[​IMG]

One huge Sheet of smoked plexi... I wonder what that is for...

I am working on the front of the case right now. I am in the process of fabricating hidden switches for the cdroms and on and reset switches and LED mounts for the cdroms. I am also making a bracket for the front to hold the fans for what I plan for the front... remember bliss unleashed... this is baby bliss but the front is going to look familiar when done... we will see. :D

More to come very soon... so much work done and so far to go... so far, project costs... 30 for the case, 40 for the plexi, 10 for a 25 pack of dremel cut off reinforced wheels, 20 for missalanous materials and 10 for interior paint = 110 so far :jawdrop: and 30 or so for the paint... oh well... it will be worth it in the end...

Sugestions, comments, sugestions...? Thank You all who are reading and posting here. This project really has turned into an all out project... not what I planned in the beginning... :dremel: :dremel:

19. TMM

TMM Modder

no offense, but i really think you should re-do the plexi on the front. you should keep the fan intakes simple, just a hole. and paint the back side of the plexi so you get a really good effect when viewing from the non-painted side :thumb:

just a surgestion, im a crazy perfectionist but meh :p

its really looking great, keep it up m8 :dremel:

20. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I planned on doing that... I am the same way and I was not happy with the front either. I have something special planned for the front so stay tuned for that... I should have the plexi stuff doen today so look for it soon... :D