1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Baby Bliss:: Part 1 :: Designs and Concepts :: Original Thread

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 20 Feb 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Last Update this evening...

I decided to do something with the empty space where the motherboard tray has a gap... that is where the mac mod logo is going to go... black to contrast with the back panel...

I decided to paint the case silver with the matt black insides... I am still debating the window on the motherboard side of the case... I will have to look at the design and make a decision on that...

More pics up in the morning... :baby: time to sleep

2. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

red X's
    :waah:

Last edited: 18 Mar 2004
  3. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

All the pics are up here and at school...

Try refreshing the btoswer and try again

4. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Case inside pics... Update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the start of the mac mod logo... made out of plexiglass :dremel:

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I sat down tonight and looked at what I had done to gather ideas...

1. The inside panels are done and painted and put together... no more modding the the interior panels.

2. I am going to mod a powersupply to match the flat black inside of the case including ridding the case of the P4 and aux connectors and custom wiring the case...

3. I am not happy with the outer panels at all, here we go into the second major part of the mod...

I have another one of these cases that had the inside crushed but the outer panels are ok. I am going to replace the outside left and top with clean panels from the other case...

I am going to do a simular design to bliss unleashed with the panel cut outs... I really like the lined effect expecially on the smaller case and the paint scheme is going to be silver on black which I have been debating from the beginning with dark tinted plexi...

I am completely modding the front panel to accept a large peice of plexi and to get rid of the chrome strip... no chrome on the case.

The layout is going to be the same but I am going to get an display for the front panel and hide it behind a fully tinted front panel with two cdroms.

I am planing to mod one of the cdroms with a window... probably the apple logo for the mac influence on the case and light it with multicolors.

When I first started this case I planned on making it a mini bliss case and I am going to incorperate some of the features in it. I am also going to change the name of the project to the following...

Project Baby Bliss... with no objections

Any input... the mac door is still there and it works nice with the mods that I have done with it... :baby:

Oh yes... the inside panels are the color of the apple, the flash seems to wash things out and makes them lighter.

New update soon...

6. mopery

mopery What's a Dremel?

Well this is a really good worklog keep up on the pictures. :thumb:

7. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Nice username!! :thumb:

8. winxp2004

winxp2004 Banned

dunno wat you done to that mouse mat but it looks ILL! :jawdrop: :waah: sorry mate i think it looks naf :hehe: no offence :p

9. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

uummmm, mouse pad? :worried: i hope you're not referring to the mac logo. its a piece of plexi. crap, now what was i going to say? oh well, like what you've done with the case so far, keep it coming.

10. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Totally sweet Mod! :D I think that when I finally get a chance to mod that crappy E-machine w/Micro ATX case that I will call it Baby Avalon :D Baby part being credited to you, of course ;) NOw, to convince my parents to take me to the hardware store... I have $90 just dying to be spent... :naughty:

11. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I started working on the side panels for the case today... here are some teaser pics of the work so far...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first cuts have been cleaned some but still need a little work... both side panels are going to be the same and the top will be a simular design. The reason for the recessed cutout is the handle which I owuld like to preserve with the case. I will post more pics when I get the first panel done... for now back to modding... :dremel:

PS. The mac symbol is not a mouse pad but a logo that is going to go on the inside of the door as part of the "mac mod" part of the case as stated earlier in the thread. Thanks for the idea about the mouse pad... I may get some material and make my own mouse pad on the design for my real mac... :clap:

Until Next time keep on modding :D

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

A small more progress...

I needed to cut all the material out of the front panel to do what I planned with the bottom of the case so the insides went bye bye... here is a pic

[​IMG]

13. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Lookin good. What do you plan on doing with that front panel?

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

You read my mind... the final front sketchup...

[​IMG]

2 80 mm fans, 2 CDROMS (CDRW DVD and DVD-+RW) 4 buttons and an 20x4 graphical LCD behind the dark tinted front panel... The buttons are going to be vandal style with no leds... I am looking into fiber optics for the leds or hiding them behind the tinted panel

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

my58vw, that looks sexah! :baby: :rock: That creativity and talent DEMANDS custom fan grills! :D :hehe: Rock on, and keep up the totally sweet mod! :dremel:

16. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I am still considering that... possible side ducts for air to come in the side to the fans and leaving the front a solid peice of plexi... or possibly a plexi cut fan grill... we will see...

17. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Side intake fans eh? Sounds like it could be interesting. Also, with how you are designing the folding out motherboard tray, it just might be easier since very little cable stretching would be involved. (In the cable ontrol department you could get thin pieces of steel or aluminum and weld or solder them to the case in order to hold down the cables) Spiffy looking case! :D

18. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

First Panel Finished::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the motherboard side panel as you can see in the pics. I am sill debating if I want to cut the slits in the middle large peice of the panel going from the handle. I still like the large big peice in the center of the panel. I will be working on the top and the other side soon so stay tuned for more pics.

Looking at the panel I need to fix the top slit as I almost cut through the peice when the dremel slipped. When the panel is stripped to bare metal I will fix that peice. I still may do a little of clean up on the panel.

19. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Nice Window. :thumb: Cant wait to see some work on that front panel; looks interesting.

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Link to the case before u modded it please?

it looked nice, might c wat i cna do with it myself.