1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"PellenorFields" Lord of the Rings case upd 29/6/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by borumas, 22 Sep 2003.

1. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies guys, I haven't done much other than add the LED to light up the case badge but I did take allot of pics with case litup at night:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I hope the pics stay up but I know the 20G hard drive in my webserver is on its last leg so I hope to replace it soon with a 160G, so if the pics don't show it is becuase my server went down.

2. savethegaywhales

savethegaywhales What's a Dremel?

Looks beautiful with the lighting!
    It seems to be very hard to see the etching two lower 5.25" bays since it's not lit. It might just be the fact that its a picture that makes it seem that way.

3. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I plan to put 2-3 LED's shining down from the top to light up the front drive plates (there is a tiny lip that overhangs the top bay that should allow me to do that) but they will not show up to well at night from what I'm thinking as I sort of made them to be more visible in daylight rather than nightime.

Well it is getting closer and closer to being complete and I have the following left to do: get the HDD voltmeter working again, mount the 2-3 LED's to shine down on the faceplate, buy the parts to make the Rheobus and mount it in the floppy bay, redo the floppy bay (I decided don't want a floppy drive) and mount 2 switches there for the case lighting, buy LED's for lighting up the fighter etch, mount the CD activity LED and eject button in the bezel, and repaint the top and side panel as a hint of green still seems to show through in certain lighting and they are a tint lighter than the motherboard panel.

Can't wait to finish this thing and move on to the project I've been brainstorming on which will be a case made from scratch.

Any comments are welcome, I've put allot of new pics up in the past few post and have seen very little response so if you have any input please add to it, I'd like to hear it. :)

4. (Ck)Vegeta

(Ck)Vegeta What's a Dremel?

Yeah nice work. I love Lord of the Rings... I havent Followed this Project much but it did turn out awesome good work

5. lv_dicedealer

lv_dicedealer What's a Dremel?

Turned out very nice, I am very impressed. :thumb:

btw, what does LOTR stand for again? har har

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I shall smite thee with the sword that has been remade, you heretic of the first order!

You shall go and read the entire series and watch all the movies 7 times and then return :thumb:

Stands for Lord of the Rings bty ;)

7. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

hey get urself a tripod or a table or something so we can see the true glory of those pics.

8. BlackMan

BlackMan Minimodder

looks good mate, but you need a digital camera

9. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Wow someone dug this up, LOL, well I actually may do some work on it this weekend- it has been on hold for awhile now so if I do I'll try to post some more pics. :D

10. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Well I actually did some work on this today, I know I'm suprised myself, LOL. I didn't like how you can see throught the knotwork on the front to look at the wires and whatnot so I thought about cutting some plexi, sanding if for a frosted look, then putting it behind the cutouts. I also didn't like the look of the fan hole on the backplate so I cut it out as well and I'll be using a plexi plate with a builtin fan grille once I draw out a design. I'm really thinking of making a grille for the front instead of the one I bought, I like that one but since most of the other stuff is made by me I'd like that to be unique as well, anyways here's a pic of the frosted plexi in place:
    [​IMG]

11. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

HOLY DEAR LORD THAT IS AWSOME DREMEL WORK!!! I just about poped wood when I saw that.

PEACE

12. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Got etch skills? :D

Awesome show of talent in the etch business. Makes a great mod!

13. Stigma

Stigma Banned

How do you make this etch?

Do you use chemicals, or do you use a dremel or something?

14. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

real nice i especially like the front and the top window. one tip tho remove the stickers from the fans it just doesn't look right for a lotr themed mod :)

keep on moddin! :hip:

15. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I used a Dremel with an engraving bit to etch it in place. :)
    Thanks, I already did take the sticker off the top fan but I'll need to take the sticker off the front fan still.

Thanks for the replies guys, hope to add more to it this weekend with any luck. :rock:

16. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

heeey how bout that. somebody really did some grave-diggin to find this one..

glad to hear you've been workin on it a bit borumas.. how goes the main project? any progress since I last saw it on mtb? like... 3.. 4 .. 5 months ago?

glad you're doing a bit still.. I've been mildly tinkering with my own too.. anyway good night.. and uh.. randomly.. happy canada day everbody!

wooo!

17. Novakog

Novakog What's a Dremel?

Wow, you've certainly got some dremel talent :dremel:. This thing is sweet!

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I have no idea how I missed this the first time around, but I am humbled before your incredible knotwork and etching skills. I don't even want to know how long that took! I'm a self-described Celtophile, but my paltry attempts at knotwork seem downright childish compared to that.

I'm glad someone brushed the dust off this thread, because now I get to see the great work involved.

-monkey

19. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Yeah that's the only work that I've done to it in about 3 months, I'll do more this weekend, and happy belated Canada day to all the Canadians. :D

LOL, thanks man, it did take awhile to get that drawn out properly and remember when it comes to knotwork that graph paper is your best friend.
    I have even more knotwork planned for a future case whenever I finish this thing- it will be an all Celtic theme so it will have loads of engraving on it like that last one I did (so it will take allot of planning and drawing, LOL).
    Thanks again for the replies and hopefully I can post some new pics next week of more actual work done. :dremel:

20. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Wow nice etchings... now more work please...