1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: HYPERCUBE² 21/03/2005 PICTURES FROM CEBIT

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Joungne, 18 Jul 2004.

1. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

More! MORE!

This is one sweet case!

2. activecactus

activecactus What's a Dremel?

Verry nice,this should make for one clean looking case. Nice trick with the fans. :thumb:

3. drinn

drinn What's a Dremel?

Nice work :)

4. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

sweet work

sorry to hear about them not being able to get the motherboard you wanted in :miffed:

5. wraith

wraith What's a Dremel?

Very nice design.

Concerning the Motherboard, you might want to get it at German computer retailer www.Atelco.de. You can find it here. Shouldn't be a problem to send it to Belgium.

wraith.

6. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

If you can't find another one of the exact same motherboard, then you could always just use a slightly smaller one. There shouldn't be any problem with that, as long as you haven't made any special fixings that can't be modded. :D I honestly can't remember if you had though... :duh:

7. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

Motherboard

Hi guys, tnx for the numerous emails I got concerning the MOBO.

I think I found a retailer in the Netherlands that still has it. I emailed them, and they claimed to have one in stock, so I ordered it right away. Hopefully I get it next week.

About the mobo : it is the only mobo i could find in a Mini atx form (24.4 * 24.4 cm) with an integrated tvout. I need this because there is no room for an AGP card in my case. :duh: I had to rearrange the whole design to fit one in, so I decided to find a mobo with one onboard. Thats why I was so worried...

Anyway. Polished my HD's today, gonna post them tomorrow.

greetz,

Joungne

8. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Good luck with the supplier! Hope you get it jounge!

Can't wait for that update...although technically it *is* tomorrow already.. :hehe: :worried:

9. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

then I have to wait for sunday :hehe:

10. tumz

tumz What's a Dremel?

Getting better for each post. Looks really nice. Your cuts are very nice and accurate. Thats true craftmanship :dremel:

11. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

translation pls :)

Hi guys, I was surfing the net, and I came across my casemod on a Danish site (Caseworld.dk) . There is some text with it and I am wondering what it says.

Is there a kind Danish guy that wants to translate it for me?

Fandt lige et rigtig flot projekt, som er inspireret af "The HYPERCUBE²" filmen. Han har på sin side lave en foreløbig projekt log, så alle kan se hvilke trin, han har gennemgået i udviklingen af kabinettet. Projektet er virkelig værd at tjekke ud, og jeg har selv fået en masse ideer derfra.

greetz,

Joungne

12. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

Project HYPERCUBE² DAY 13

31/07/2004 DAY 13
    Time for a weekend update. Yes its weekend so I didnt do so much. Decided to polish my Harddrives and make my DVDROM bracket. Here's how...

[​IMG]
    Here's the victim. 1 of the two brandnew MAXTOR HD's 80GB, 8mb cache. Time to let it shine. I never done such a thing so I was actually a little scared of it. I went through the search on Bittech and came across the "How to" from Sil3nt. All the credits go to him.

[​IMG]
    1. Removing the sticker with my trusty scalpel knife :)
    2. It comes of very easy.
    3. Almost everything removed, just the circle in the middle to go, wondering whats underneath
    4. I'm keeping the sticker in case I need it again for some reasons (maybe I can stick it back on when the HD doesnt work anymore ;-)

[​IMG]
    After that, all the dirt and leftovers of the sticker have to be removed. This is an easy job with ACETON and a dry cloth.

[​IMG]
    For those little gabs I used these things you see in the picture (once again I dont know the word in English... :s)

[​IMG]
    1. Here's where my Dremel comes in play for the first time in the entire mod. I'm gonna use Carpolish and my dremel with the polish bit on it.
    2. After applying the polish and letting it dry for a bit, I started the polishing process (like Sil3nt said in straight lines, not circles. After this was done I saw a lot of stripes on the plate, it really looked crappy... What did I do wrong ??
    3. I tried to polish these stripes out with the small sanding machine with a polish cloth on it.
    4. After 2 hours of polishing all the lines where gone and it looked like this. On the front , the polished HD, on the back a cleaned HD with Aceton. This is enough for me, and I'm glad with the result. Its not a mirror but it'll do for now.

[​IMG]
    Here you can see the difference very good. I guess I dont have to say which one is the polished HD ;-)

[​IMG]
    The HD in its place. I think it will reflect the fan in front of it very nicely.

Next thing on the list: "The DVDROM Bracket"

[​IMG]
    DVDROM PIONEER 120S (trayless)

[​IMG]
    1. Making the plates for the bracket.
    2. More sanding (I think you saw this enough...)
    3. Glue setup
    4. Again; allready drilled the mounting holes

I didnt make much pictures because it speaks for itself.

[​IMG]
    Finished with the glueing (the backplate isnt glued in yet, I need to make the holes for the cables.

[​IMG]
    The DVD floats a bit in the bracket because of cooling reasons. Underneath the DVD there have to come the same holes as in the HD brackets, so the hot air from the HD can also escape through there. Gonna make those holes tomorrow.
    I dont quite like the mounting from the outside. I want to make something extra to these screws... So back to the sanding table ;-)

[​IMG]
    I'm making 2 transparent cover plates for the screws. On these plates I will later edge the HYPERCUBE² logo and light it up with some white bright leds.

[​IMG]
    The finished polished plates and screws with plexi "washers" ;-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the inside, I put rubber rings against the vibrations of the drive.

[​IMG]
    The (almost) finished DVDrom bracket

[​IMG]
    Tnx for reading all this again.
    Maybe I'll be back tomorrow, but then its Sunday....who knows.

greetz,

Joungne

13. fg0d

fg0d Banned

good looking.. I really do hpoe you will reconsider that white lighting effect, I think it would be a great addon to thee case :D well, good luck with the mod

14. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Sweet cant wait to see the final result :rock:

Keep modding :dremel:

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: hey dude, this just gets better & better, can't wait to see what else you do :rock:

btw, those 'things' are called cotton buds ;)

16. Halogen

Halogen What's a Dremel?

HOLY CRAP!!!1!!1ONEONE!!11!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!11!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :dremel:

Keep it up man.

17. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

400th post woooooo

as for the motherboard there are many m-atx with intergrated tv (well not on the board but on a little cable that plugs into a header) its a shame it wont be a gamming rig, all that show and no one outside the fourm will see it unless godwilling u get on a magazine :thumb:
    as for the translation google or bablefish works great
    and the project is still looking amasing, but i would have put the dvd further back in its mount, buy soldering the wires to the internal molex and useing a flat ide, that space just dont look right :wallbash:

o and by the way we in americal call those cotton deals "q-tips" or "cotton swabs"

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: *scrambles under desk to find his lower jaw which dropped on the floor somewhere*

19. Homer J

Homer J What's a Dremel?

Translation: "Just came across a really nice poject, inspired by the movie "The HYPERCUBE²". He has a work-in-progress web page to show the development of the case. The project is worth checking out, and I have gotten lots of ideas from it myself."

Edit: Forgot to add ..... DAMN sweet case :thumb: I liked the movie myself and can't wait to see the finished case.

20. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I couldn't find betters words
    :jawdrop:

amazing job!