1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Joungne

Joungne What's a Dremel?

WOW, the etch almost looks like a hologram

Very nice indeed

2. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

that is sickkkk

i would love a johnny the hommicidal maniac window :D
    [​IMG]
    :rock:

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Yes you can't beat Xport1. You know the window does have a "hologram-like" appearance. IC, send them your Johnny Maniac picture. I am sure they could do it for you.
    A window detail I forgot to pass on to you guys. As I stated before there will be inner/outer windows with the case's side panel sandwiched between. So there is the thickness of the panel space between the two acrylic windows. That is just enough room to use Red EL wire around the hole.
    [​IMG]

It this point, it is only an idea but I think it could work out well. We will see.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  4. R@Mo

R@Mo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

That is the freakiest window EVAR!!! :eeek: :eeek:

I love it!!!! :rock:

5. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

Very Cool Keep Up The Good Work

6. modsquad

Thanks, I am glad you guys approve of the etch. I should start work on the side panel by next weekend (need a jigsaw). I should have a small update on misc. stuff before than.
    MS

Last edited: 22 Aug 2004
  7. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 What's a Dremel?

etched window

the etched window looks fantastic, very cool idea. hope to see the water cooling gear in progress soon. good work. :jawdrop:

8. Xenocide

Xenocide What's a Dremel?

Looks amazing, I want that case :(

I also want money, so I'm ****ed there :(

9. modsquad

I hope to see the H20 gear soon as well. I have been waiting six weeks for my Aqua-Computer stuff. It seems to be difficult to get in the states, but it should be worth the wait. They make some pretty equipment.
    http://www.aqua-computer.de/

10. modsquad

very small update

As promised, the mini-update. I looked high/low for a good-looking 10" ATA133 cable for my Plextor DVD-RW. It seems no one makes one. CoolerMaster makes a 24" (2)device cable, but 18" is said to be max length, and I don't need the second IDE connection. So I purchased a $5 black rubber 10" and cable-sleeved and heat-shrinked it.
    [​IMG]

Looks good. I also ran across a better way to mount my two HD's into the 5.25" bay.
    [​IMG]
    They are made by frozenCPU.
    I should start modding in earnest this weekend. Until then...........

11. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Just read through this whole log. From what I've seen I have to say nice work! Very sleek and elegant with loads of attention to detail and good ideas and workmanship.

Someone commented that you should 'go crazy' (or words to that effect) with the mod. Keep it clean and sweet I say! You've taken a lot of classic modding ideas but executed them at such a high level to really make them shine. With the project I'm currently working on incorporating a small-bore German WC system (first time I've tried one), reading your experiences with this sort of kit has helped. And, yes, I will be using another FMJ! Won't need to mod the pump to fit this time though.

Keep up the great work (incl the nice pics and write-up). I look forward to seeing the finished case. :dremel:

EDIT - Not sure if you solved this, but noticed you couldn't get black ATX plugs. http://www.performance-pcs.com has sets or individual plugs in black, incl ATX. :)

12. isisfreak

isisfreak What's a Dremel?

Very well said. I love the simplicity of this project. It really looks great! And that window is freaky as hell, very nice. Keep up the great work! :rock:

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Heh, PPC's is my source for all things molex. (They should TM that and put it in a banner). The thing I've personally found with black ATX (and P4) plugs... they look great on the PSU, but it looks wierd on the mobo unless you find a way to replace/dye the socket piece, or you have a mobo with a non-white/clearish plug.

I agree though, definately keep it sweet and simple. I've always loved those elegant mods... not seisure-inducing ones that are blinking left and right.

14. TheSchumi

TheSchumi What's a Dremel?

Wow!!!!

The Laser etched window looks great! I love it. Did you know, whether say ship the window kits alos to germany? :confused:

15. modsquad

As far as I know Xport1 does ship overseas. Send them an email to make sure.

16. modsquad

Praise from you is high praise indeed. Thanks...

17. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

keeping it simple as g-gnome said makes it very nice. i personally dont like to over the top cases unless they are executed very well. this case doesn't need to be over the top. the stock case from lian li is sleek and elegant in its own way. so carry on the theme of sleek and elegant. you are doing a great job :thumb:

18. modsquad

Reservoir Temp Probe

Yet another small update. I ran across this on the Innovatek web site about three weeks ago and scott at www.highspeedpc.com/ was able to get a few in stock and add them to his inventory. I ordered one and sleeved/heatshrinked it.
    [​IMG]

This will work out nicely. With the Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD I will be able to read a H20 temps at the reservoir as well as inline right after the CPU block with the other model I have. While I had the reservoir out of the case I also Teflon taped all the fittings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I should get some work done on the project over the weekend, so look for another update soon.

19. modsquad

Laser Etched Window Installation Part1

After installing the temp probe in the Innovatek Res, I decided to replicate the look of the top of the reservoir for my side window.

[​IMG]

So the window will be round, not unlike my original idea the laser etched acrylic panel will be mounted from inside. But using stainless hexhead bolts from outside the case. A second round round acrylic panel (red) will be set inside the side panels hole and bolted to the inner acrylic panel with flush-mount stainless bolts. It will be more work but worth it in the end.
    So, this is Part1.
    Measured/maked/cut the side panel with my new jigsaw.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little filing around the holes edges and then I used rubber C channel to finish it off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up drill the six mounting holes through the case's panel and tap/die the etched window to hold the mounting bolts. (Part2) comming soon.

20. LiquidGUI

LiquidGUI What's a Dremel?

modsquad that thing is dead sexy. Makes me want to have a V1000B