1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who use E-Bay.

Discussion in 'General' started by Satyric_saint, 1 Dec 2004.

?

What Do you think about people on E-bay?

1. Never had a problem with them.

51 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Don't really know.

11 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Is this poll really necessary, They shop on eBay, DUH!

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. REDRUM! REDRUM!

15 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. I don't care just as long as they buy my stuff.

30 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

Your probibly right, but to me that still filters down to everyone trying to keep up with the Joneses, If my little girl wants some new toy that comes out right before Christmas and I can't seem to get my hands on it before Christmas come I'm not paying $100 more for it on E-bay. She can just wait till after Christmas, Patience is a rare virtue these days and people need to learn what it is. :duh:
    As I have said many times before, to each his own.
    Some people have more brains than money and will just keep teaching it to their kid's. :rolleyes:

My friends Nephew is that way, if he doesn't get the latest greatest thing on the market he screams, hollers, cusses, just throws a complete tantrum. And he is only in the 6th grade and failing every subject in school except health because he won’t do his homework, he just plays his PS2 and Gamecube all night. But his mom refuses to take them away because he will throw a tantrum again. Some parents need to learn how to say no. :rolleyes:

hmmm.... a little off topic but not far from the cause of it. :blah: :yawn:

2. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

it's ace, I sold a N64 game worth about £7.50 max for £25 cos' some idiot thought it was well rare :D

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

its no longer a place to find bargains rly... i rarely find good items worth the risk of ebay. Dont rly buy on there... but i would sell on there as things seem to go for more then they r worth quite frequently

4. dharma punk

dharma punk What's a Dremel?

Ebay is great if you know what you are doing. I buy my jeans there because new Levi's are around $35.00 US new and I can get them slightly used for around $12.00 shipped. You can't beat that.

I got "taken" very early in my Ebay career. Bought an album I thought to be out of print for $15.00 and found out I could have ordered it from the local shop for $3.00 I payed what I would have for it, given the circumstances. I now do a lot of research before buying anything on ebay and only go up to what I feel it is worth.

I have made quite a killing over time though. I sold a Nekromantix shirt I bought for $10.00 and wore for 6 months to a guy in Australia for $30.00
    It's all a matter of what you feel it is worth.

5. Satyric_saint

And as a grand finally to prove my point that E-bayers are in general not to bright about buying on e-bay I have used the power that is E-bay to basically get a free Gameboy DS all it cost me was the gas to go to the store and $7.00 in sellers fees. :rock: :D
    After starting this thread it occurred to me that the Ds’s on E-Bay where selling for $50+ more than what they are at the store so I figured I could use it to my advantage, I listed 3 of them on E-bay each with a 1 day auction and in the last 20min of all the auctions they all got purchased for $200+ and paid for immediately via payapl. So I had the money put from my paypal to my bank account then I drove down to the local target and had a friend who works there and gets 10% off anything he buys from the store purchase 4 of them for a grand total of $580.46 after tax and after paypal fees I had $582.66 in my hand for the units. :clap: (That’s after accounting for shipping costs too) So I will ship the 3 off tomorrow and I now have a DS that cost me a little gas and around $7.00 in e-bay fees. :naughty:
    Isn’t the ignorance of others grand? :hehe: :thumb: :D

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I once got ripped off in a ebay action. I bought a CD burner a few years ago for $1. i thought i got a great deal until the seller charged $149 shipping.

7. Satyric_saint

:eeek: and how the HELL did he justify that?? Please tell me that the shipping wasn't listed as $149.

8. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

It was listed but it was in white font in the middle of the page so you wont know until after the auction ends.

9. Satyric_saint

I would have reported it to e-bay because its obvious he was scamming you.
    Should have raised hell till he got banned. :miffed:

10. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Ouch. That had to hurt!

- H.

11. jamesweb

jamesweb Doesn't Listen

12. Satyric_saint

13. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

/me goes and makes more auctions for pictures.

14. demonevs

demonevs What's a Dremel?

one man's rubbish is another man's gold etc

15. Darv

Darv Bling!!

There's quite a few of them. I saw one that went for over £200. :lol:

The reason DS's are selling for loads is because a lot of people outside the US are importing them and since most online stores are out of stock, Ebay's the only other option.

I've not had any problems with Ebay but I've only ever bought a few things.

16. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Ebay is going downhill fast, but you can still pick up a good bargain if you're careful. :D

The main problem is its gotten so big that the admin can barely control it.

17. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

I've still been waiting 3 months for a heat gun that I ordered...not once has the seller contacted me. I tried to contact him/her, and nothing. So, I contacted eBay....and got nothing. I honestly have been lazy and haven't spent as much time as I should have fixing this, but still...Other than this, I've bought everything from phone clips to my Honda ST1100 ( :hip: ). With the cycle, things went like a breeze. I flew down to Texas where the seller was, and drove it back up to Minnesota. But, it seems like it's the little things that fall through: the heat gun, the 2 cent phone clip, the models, the little things. So, I've had good and bad, I guess the moral is to be careful.

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i've had some fantastic bargains... *cue advert* Just last week i got 2 DV camcorders for 480 quid instead of the 710 that a certain online shop wanted

If you have any problems with users just request their home address through the help section and go break their legs!

19. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I don't know where you're from, but here, every store within a 30 mile radius has been sold out of Gameboy DS's every time I've called or gone there. When they get shipments, they're gone in a matter of hours. I would probably be willing to pay up to $175 (not anymore, so no one try to sell me one ;)) on eBay.

20. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

If you know how to use ebay, its a great place to get cheap goods. I just follow a few simple rules when i shop on e-bay:

1. Never bid till the last minuite (use a sniper if req'd)
    2. Browse e-bay for at least 2 days untill you know what the average sell price for the item you want is and then go looking to buy one for cheaper.
    3. pay attention to auctions that end between 1am and 6am (potential to get a great price).
    4. only buy from sellers that have good feedback (5 bare min, 25 reccomended)
    5. Read the auction from cover to cover (everything) and check to see if the shipping price is reasonable

People who get involved in bidding wars anything more then 1/2 hour before an auction close just piss me off to no end. If your a seller, i guess having stupid people on e-bay is a good thing though.