1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update - Poll Added: Snow, love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'General' started by jgrade, 1 Dec 2004.

?

Snow: Love it or Hate it

1. Love it no matter what

79 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. Love it as long as I don't have to drive or shovel

26 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. Only like it on Christmas Eve

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. Hate it no matter what

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Don’t know what snow is, I live where it never snows

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. betty mcgreenall

betty mcgreenall What's a Dremel?

i Love snow,

we never get good snow anymore, we have already had a little down pour this year, about a month ago, it was cool, :clap:

2. TMM

TMM Modder

I love it. We never ever get snow where i live (sometimes hail storms, but they don't even come close :|) , and only get minimal snow in the mountains. Infact we're in drought and have been for several years :(

3. mannafig

mannafig Minimodder

hate the stuff last time it snowed i broke my arm :waah:

4. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

I just remembered one other thing i love. People not knowing how to walk in the snow/ice and therefore doing something extremely jackass-like and then falling midway through. Get's me every time.

Either that or ladies wearing their high heels...and trying to walk through a foot of snow usually means we carry them :)

5. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Those pictures are pretty amazing.

We haven't gotten any snow yet in Virginia, which is disappointing. Some people like it when it's 60F in December, but not me. :)

6. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

gotta love snow mobileing,

97 mxz 440
    97 mxz 583
    04 rev x package sdi 600H.O.

7. Sunny-D

Sunny-D What's a Dremel?

i love snow. if i didnt, id be a sadistic freak, living here in the snow capital. im from syracuse, and we get alot of snow here. but yea, as dad pointed out, tug hill plateau gets the most in the state. theres no driving up there from here unless youre towing a snowmobile.

driving around here doesnt get too bad, cet on our hill. the city never plows, so we slide the whole way up. and down, on those all too common days of sheer ice all the way down. you havent lived until you free-slide your way down a hill in a saturn L100 and smash into a dodge caravan. damn anti-lock brakes. we need ourselves some studded snows and no abs system.

around here, unless the wind chill is -20 degrees (wind chill means the temperature it would feel like if you were standing outside naked-go figure) we still have to go to school. the roads could be iced over, but if you can go outside without getting near-instant frostbite, we go to school.

ice storms are a thing to behold. power lines snap, trees shatter (literally, shatter, like ice), peoples tires break (happened to my mom during the blizzard of 76'), all kinds of stuff.

currently, theres no snow on the ground afaik. it snowed a bit, but were getting accumulation tomorrow, or today rather.

also, me and my friends were breakdancing on teh ice in the parking lot of the local ihop a couple weekends ago. we learn how to walk walking on the ice here.

8. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

i obviously live where it doesnt snow, however this friday, me and a couple of friend are going up to lake tahoe to spend 4 days of snowboarding (an empty family cabin for us, yeay!!). I can't wait!. Last time I went to our cabin, was last summer. Had to spend christmas back here because of family issues :wallbash:

9. demonevs

demonevs What's a Dremel?

snow is nice dont get enough here in northwest uk

10. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

I agree. If there was a switch to turn off the ABS in the winter, it would be better for all of us. ABS makes driving in snow impossible. I remember a time when you could get a ticket for driving in the snow WITHOUT snow tires. Ah the good ol' days. Rear wheel drive, solid rear axle, studded snow tires, chains, 3 ton curb weight on the family truckster, solid steel construction.... :)

11. demonevs

demonevs What's a Dremel?

hehe closest we get to snow here is opening the freezer door.

often get it 'up north' but as im on the coast its a case of salt air = no snow

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

It's not the snow I hate, It's the cold. 8 years in Minneapolis=enough. A sunny snow filled day is good. But C and F meet at -40 and I have had enough of those morngings. The used to be warnings on KQRS; "Be careful folks, skin freezes at these temps."

God, I want to drive one of these for a day. :rock:

13. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Can't say I care much for snow. I love the fall, and like for it to last as long as possible without it snowing. The first day of snow, I get sad...
    Fortunately, the snow is almost gone around here at the moment, as it has been melting for about two weeks now. I HATE it when the snow falls to early, and then melts, because that creates ice everywhere. That's why I'm happy to see grass and asphalt again.
    Don't get me wrong, snow is quite ok at the right times. If some snow falls on the night before christmas eve or something, it's just nice. But when you get to live a place where you risk seeing snow (on the ground, with a topping of dust and gravel) until april, you get sick of it when it starts falling in november...

14. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

:worried:

15. orb

orb satisfying.

<3 Snow

And i get it fo sure every winter, i love france :clap: