1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion?

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Gimpy, 9 Jan 2005.

1. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

my ride jacket is good trust me. i've been wearing it snowboarding and in the pissing-it-down-all-the-time uk and its still water proof.plus i got it in last years sale and it only cost £100.

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

whatever works for you i guess. i got to know about snowboard equipment through reading the bible (yearly equipment review tome released around october (i think)) - look for it on magazine racks, and also getting to know people i worked with who knew more than me and could explain things. obviously it's important to try things and ignore everything else if it works for you, which is what you are doing, so good on ya. i would try some bonfire jackets tho, i've never tried anything else that has as many features, and the fit is awesome. although the breathability and waterproofing is not the best on the market (look to those ridiculous top end burton jackets for that), it's as much as 99% of people (including me) will ever need and the price is very attractive (my jacket is the best i've ever owned or seen apart from my buddy's burton shield ipod jacket and it only cost £150).

to push this vaguely back on topic, what sports stuff, other than skate and snowboard stuff, do people wear in a fashion context? personally i wear snowboard branded hoodies cuz (perhaps misguidedly) i find that they are better quality than standard fruit of the loom fayre. i also wear skate shoes when i'm not wearing my cons.

AH

3. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Fashion? That is of society, which I try to avoid at all costs...

Jeans + random t-shirt (which typically will have an equally random saying on it) does it for aprox 50% of the time. I have to look slightly nicer for work so a polo type shirt and kakhis serve that purpose.

Then on rare occations I do know how to tie a tie (yes, I learned off the internet :geek: ), but those are few and far between (thank goodness!).

In my opinion, any guy that worries too much about their clothes is overcompensating for something (such as not having a good graphics card maybe?). :p

4. mikedeere

mikedeere What's a Dremel?

Fashion is no substitute for style.

5. penski

penski BodMod

Yo-DUH...You are still a part of fashion. You can not escape it. Even if you are making your own clothes out of hessian sacks and bin bags, it still falls under the realm of 'fashion'.

*n

6. penski

penski BodMod

Oh...and a good suit > *.

*n

7. ArtificialHero

very true.

/hugs hugo boss suit.

AH

8. penski

penski BodMod

I said good ;) :p

Anyway...my girlfriend has completely shifted my view on the fashion world...two years ago, I had no clue as to why someone would spend £200 on a pair of trousers...now I kinda go 'yeah...maybe'.

*n

And still she steals my hair...:p

9. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Shaved Head
    Stubble
    Jeans
    Tee's

Is that in Fashion? Suppose as im wearing clothes that i have brought recently in stores.

But in no way do i constrain myself to being 100% in Fashion.

Jeans and Tee's will always be "fine" looking.

10. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

I usually wear T-shirts and Jeans.

I find the latest (mens and womens) fashions a bit of a joke really, and I don't really know anyone who would possibly find the clothes appealing at all...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:hehe: :hehe:

11. ArtificialHero

penski i'm definitely not a brand whore, bought the suit because it was on sale in the hugo boss shop in central london, £280 down from £750, and the fit is incredible.

AH

12. Ben '71 1200

Ben '71 1200 What's a Dremel?

Typical day- knackered old jeans that cost about £30-40 when they weren't old. T shirt with band/slogan on it, hoodie, my dad's old (very old) leather bikery jacket, converse/cheapo skate shoes

Face products? you mean soap, yeah?
    Hair hasn't been cut in a good few months.

I couldn't give two poos to be honest :D

13. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Ohhh please!!!!! (reaches for handbag!!!)

i aint that over the top!!! the only branded things i wear r my nike trainers and thats it!! and im still saying that if u know a little about fassion its will work wonders on a girl who will be more interested in u than usual!!! IT WORKS!!

An also did u know that u can get MAN-bags like ladies handbags but for men and no i do not own 1 but ive seen plenty of men who do!!.so dnt judge me coz i like pink but judge those who have MAN-bags!!

14. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

.....it certainly doesn't make me more interested, I don't think I can think of anything worse than a bloke giving me his views on the latest trends! :worried:

15. Emma

Emma What's a Dremel?

I dont know, I quite like clothes and shopping and I think its very sexy when a guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to it ;)

16. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

So all I need to do is talk the talk but not walk the walk? :D

<A88>

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm pretty fashion concious - I don't like to be behind the times :hip:

I probably spend £100 a month on clothes, but my problem is getting rid of older clothes :(

18. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

send 'm off to india and the other tsunami-country's.

L

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

that's what I would like to do... but I don't like "throwing things out" if you get me ;)

20. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

when it comes to fashion i wear whatever i think looks good. i refuse to spend 50 bucks on a shirt or pants. i wear what i want to wear and if someone comments on it i ignore them.