1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding HOT B***H TOO HOT

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BobbyMParr, 11 Feb 2005.

1. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

I just installed 2 12" Cold Cathode Lights into my case shown here. \|/
    [​IMG]
    The Cold Cathodes made the case get too hot and the cpu fan kicked into high high speed.
    I need to find how to fix this ASAP i have 2 case fans blowing air out and then the psu fan blowing out i have to get that case temp down FAST i dont have a watercooling kit and i dont have a temp sensor just opened the case door and stuf my hand it wheeewww hot in there can you help me fix this easy? PLEASE and i prefer not to cut into my case but i will do what is needed to cool it down so i can run my cold cathodes

2. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

trying taking one of those fans and have it suck in fresh air u should see sum what of a change

3. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

ok ill try but i must say there is a LOT of dust in there allready

4. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

uhhh thats cuz nothing pushing the dust out of its collection spot.

5. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

6. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

You should arrange it to have i guess 1-2 fans bloiwng air in the front, 1-2 fans (includeing power supply) blowing air out the back.

That and try to buy a pair of good COLD Cathode Flourescent Lights (ithink) cheap ones will run hot, but good ones wont

Also while your at it, vacum the dust out, its never good to haev in a computer, and make sure to hit up the processor heatsink, lots o dust in there normally

7. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

ok i switched a fan to blow air in i think its helping and as for the heatsink cleaning i tried the vacuum i need to pick up a can of compressed air for walmart

8. TMM

TMM Modder

Cleaning that stock heatsink should be easy. If you take it off then you can pull the whole thing apart by hand and clean it with a cloth ;)
    Replacing that (restrctive) side grill with a standard wire grill will help alot too

9. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

yeah but if you dont have a tube of thermal compund handy taking off you heatsink to clean it is a bad ideaspeaking of which... mabye its time to do some modding today for me since i am incapacitated...

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Far easier to unscrew the CPU fan from the heatsink & get in there with that compressed air spraycan.

11. Pyrthas

Pyrthas What's a Dremel?

Give you a chance to get some AS5 (or Ceramique, whatever you want) in there anyway. :p

12. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

:wallbash: take off the heatsink... i didnt think of that

although for someone like me who prefers downtime to be <1min (restart ocasionally) i prefer open heart surgery to my beast unless its dramatic

13. MRKIKKOMAN5645

MRKIKKOMAN5645 What's a Dremel?

well since u already got some good adivce for the fan situation u need to download a temp monitor.. i use the one that came with my mobo but Motherboard Monitor 5(MBM5) will work just fine. just google it or im pretty sure download.com has it