The funny things people do

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 13 Feb 2005.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

Do you have any strange habbits?

Ones I can think of that I do:

- Volume levels cannot be odd numbers. For example, volume preset 7 is wrong, it has to be an even number either side, or a multiple of 5. If someone adjusts the volume on something to be a wrong number, i'll adjust it back at the next nearest opportunity without them knowing.

- Similarly, 8:09AM is a bad time to get up, never in a million years. 8:10AM however is perfectly acceptable.

- Wallet in back left pocket, phone in front right, keys and loose coins in front left. Nothing ever goes in back right. Ever.

- Fresh water every time in the kettle, if it has boiled before it tastes funny.

- When filling a glass of water, i must fill the glass, tip it away and fill it again - then and only then i may drink

- eggs in egg boxes must be arranged to be "balanced". Eg, in a box of 6, if i take two out, i will take the middle two out leaving them balanced either side.

- oranges must be peeled with care to ensure the peel comes off all in one piece.

- never step on cracks in pavements/sidewalks. must try and get an even amount of steps when going from A to B, and if I make an odd number of steps, i must also have an odd number on the way back to make it even again.

- where possible, stuff is arranged in pyramids (cans of beer, whatever).

-... and many more crazy things like these.

I'm sure we all do it to some degree - but hopefully not to the point where if you don't get the volume on an even number you flip out and stab people.

Your turn ;)

2. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

isnt that the kind of thing youd see a psychiatrist about ?? :S

for me, as rtt...

- phone in left top pocket, keys in left 2, wallet in right top

otherwise i cant "really" think of anything id describe as a habbit!

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Phone is left pocket, wallet in right drives me nuts if it's the other way round. Also must drink coffee out of the same mug just tastes different otherwise.

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I won't eat anything someone else has already taken a bite out of

Yeah, I'm pretty boring, but I'm sure I'll think of more...

<A88>

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I have loads which are cooking/food related. Loads, really. One example is my need to take out exactly the right amount of marge out of the tub. I have to get the amount of marge on the bread/toast just right, and by no means can I put any back in the tub.. :worried: :confused:

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

yes! :D

I'm like that too, anything before 7:00am is completely unacceptable.

I'm cack handed, and it depends where I am. If I'm in London, I don't put my wallet in my back pocket. Phone in left, keys in right, wallet in back right or front right, depending on my location.

Absolutely.

The glass gets rinsed if I'm drinking anything with "water" in it; for example, Ribena.

I always thought you were weird. :D

Anyway... another thing that I do...

- I always put my left sock/shoe/trainer on first...

I can't think of any other things right now, but I used to be a very superstitious person.

7. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Guilty, guilty, and guilty.

About the pavement thing. I used to always have to start walking on a flight of stairs with my left foot. I just couldn't start walking up/down stairs with my right foot. It's the same when walking from one type of surface to another, or stepping across a join in a surface. I must start with my left and finish with my right. The 2' square slabs must have one foot placed on each. Never walk across 2 at once. It just doesn't feel right. Come to think about it. This isn't normal, is it?

_C

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think I'm a one foot per slab too, but I've got long legs so you won't see me jumping down the street trying not to land on the same slab twice :)

9. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I sometimes have to touch several things before i do something, eg when someone calls me back or I'm leaving work :worried: only now and then though.

'doc

10. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

For me it's keys in right pocket, phone in left, wallet in right back pocket.
    Unless I have cargos on, then the wallet goes in the right 'cargo'? pocket.
    Also, as mentioned, if I am in London/dodgy areas then my wallet goes in a front pocket, usually the one with my keys.

I don't drink tea or coffee but if I did I would also insist on fresh 'unboiled' water in the kettle.

I always rinse a glass before use, even if it's just been washed, I also have a habbit of checking everything I use to make sure it is spotless.

I also like to keep the volume & other things on even numbers, with a the exception of #5 and #15, I don't have a problem with those 2.

Alarms & stuff have to be rounded off to the nearest 5 minute, example 06:25, never ever 06:27 or something like that.

When I'm in a store, any type but mainly clothing stores, I like to touch/feel everything, I can't help it.
    I also 'fix' anything that is sitting scew on a shelf (maybe I was a Sainsburys shelf packer in a previous life :lol:)

I try to avoid cracks/gaps in pavements etc. and try to 'walk in slabs' normally a couple at a time with each step depending on their size obviously.
    But when I'm in a rush I don't care

I like to walk near walls, shop windows, etc.

All bottles etc. have to be turned so the label is facing straight, I do this in stores too when it catches my eye. (further enforcing my previous life suspicion :eyebrow: )

bah - there's loads more but a). I cba to list them, and b). I don't actually realise them most of the time, my g/f would have a better idea than I do about my strange habbits.

11. Beatbox

Beatbox What's a Dremel?

I usually swap my phone and wallet/keys over at the start of each new week to minimise wear on the pockets (usually scares the crap out of me as I think I've lost my wallet when I reach for it) :hehe:.

Other than that, the volume thing, the time thing, the water thing, and when I put batteries into something the manufacturer's logo must always be pointing outwards ...
    :worried:

12. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

we learnt about this in psychology, turns out these are the basics behind OCD. It's just most people can see logic in their little rituals and dont develop silly ones :).

Personally the only ones I can think of are not eating any kind of spread except flora and I wont use tissues on my face...just my botty :p

13. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Guilty of that too!

EDIT:

When I shave, I always start on the right side, then the left, and then the tash.

I always clip my left fingernails before my right ones, same goes for toenails.

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

that's a pretty interesting one, is that a subconcious decision to do that, or do you actually go out of your way to do it?

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

That's a wierd one, depends if you're a perfectionist i suppose. Pretty similar to that, if i see something i like, perhaps a car or an item of clothing and later on i find it's by a crap manufacturer, i'll not like it...simple or is it :confused:

16. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

• volume is always an even number, not even multiples of 5 :) usuall 12, 16, 18 or 22...
    • phone in back right or at home. ciggies and keys in right pocket, cash and cards (usually no wallet) in left.
    • glasses are always rinsed before being filled with drinking water, though i think i may do this to let the water run a little colder...
    • kettle must always be filled before bolining. even if i only want a few mils to make an americano, i have to fill the thing up.
    • oranges and tangerines must be peeled in one piece, and in a very specific way, so that the peel looks like an elephants head (or a penis :naughty: )

additional stuff:
    • i have to brush my teeth before getting into the shower and after getting out.
    • if i sneeze, i have to sneeze in multiples of 3.
    • i must be at least 10 minutes late for anything important.
    • i feel uncomfortable sitting in the middle of a room, especially in restaraunts. i much prefer to sit near a wall.
    • similarly, i don't like walking down the middle of the highstreet, i like to shuffle along to the one side...
    • if i'm not smoking or holding my uni bag on my shoulder both hands must be firmly in pockets as i meander about.

...and im sure there's a bunch of other random stuff i've either missed out, don't even realise i do them, or aren't family friendly...

Last edited: 13 Feb 2005
  17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I do the same, logo's on anything (jars, batteries, bottles etc) must be outward facing so visible.

18. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I like to wake up VERY late to ensure maximum amount of sleep on schooldays (example, right now) :worried:

and i like turning up to places at the very last moment ...

i like wearing my watch on the right side

wallet goes in the right front pocket, phone in the left front

19. quack

quack Minimodder

I always change my volumes in multiples of 5. Same with my alarms.

I also have the habit of turning batteries so the brand shows outwards, like a few others here.

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

dude, you should work at tesco :D