1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XTS Case & Water cool April Update 4-13-05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by XTS Gun, 19 Jan 2005.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hmm... I didn't know other schools did grad challenge :rolleyes: Sooo psyched for mine next year :wallbash: (stupid me chose to build a custom case for a 10th grade trisearch so doing it for grad challenge wouldn't demonstrate new learning :sigh: :wallbash: :wallbash: )

Looking very well planned out and nicely exexuted. It seems like clear fans might have gone better with the front rad, but as that's black too it works nicely... maybe peeling off the stickers from the front could help though, they seem to really stick out.

keeerap is that a big case! Hope you don't break it bringing it in for the presentation that I'm assuming you'll have at the end of the year. *knock on wood*

2. zx2assassin

zx2assassin What's a Dremel?

Very nice project, you almost make making an acrylic case look really easy, keep up the great work

3. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

Looking good, I agree with the guy above about using clear fans. Coolermaster do some nice quiet 120mm fans in a variety of colours - white being esp. nice :naughty:

I also think it would be a real shame if you had to ditch the greeb acrylic, it sets the whole project apart from other custom acrylic cases.

4. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Firehed
    Yeah I had looked at the clear fans and would of got them but I looked at what I was doing and would thank that that would be too much plastic, it also makes the rad look bigger and gives the case more shap. Also I hope to put 3 nose cones on them once I have the water cooling installed.

zx2assassin
    Thanks it is my second mod but really my first time working with plastic from the ground up. :thumb:

fillip
    Yeah as of right now im thinking of a way where I can do it which will be the case but might come a little later once my money gets replinished hopefully after my birthday. The place where I was like $140 for a sheet :eyebrow: not sure if he ment a full sheet or a 4 by 6 foot sheet I think ill recall them tomorrow. If thats the case ill look around and see were I can get it cheeper.

5. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Small Update 2/23/05

Today was a slow day with home work and all. I got most of the lose wires wrapped and installed my reservoir at the top. :dremel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Small Update 2-26-05

Just a small one today, I got the mother board standoffs onto the back of where the mother board is going as well as the 2 beams that will hold the mother board to the case & make it stronger so now I can work with it without having to worry about the thing snapping. :dremel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get to have real fun tomorrow you know why because I have to sand and buff all the peaces I cut.:sigh: O well I hope also repaint the water Pump and res. :clap:

7. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Now that is what i call a case :baby: Amazing work mate, only thing i'd recommend is have those Vantec stealth fans fixed to the back of the radiator so they suck air through it. There's been tests to prove this work better than just blowing onto it :thumb: Look forward to the next update :hip:

8. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

nice work :D
    cant wait to see the end result

9. koola

koola Minimodder

Plexi is not one of my favorites for computer cases but this just looks tasty.

Nice work :thumb:

10. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

It looks okay! I like plexi cases :thumb:

11. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Update 2-27-05

Started to peal back and clean up anything That needed to be.

[​IMG]

Also painted my res, powersupply case thingy, the motherboard backing, and the pump which came out great notice the old color of the pump on the fitting on the pump. :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pc with all the covering off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testing to see where I need the lights needs to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do agree with you guys now that I do need to get some LED fans for the front of the pc too bad I now only have $30 left after using it on more parts that Ill tell you in a sec.

[​IMG]

My pump control thingy that will turn on the pump when the pc turns on.

[​IMG]

I would also like to say that I just ordered my Danger Den Water Blocks, I got the The Danger Den - RBX for the P4 478. The Danger Den MAZE4-Chipset Block & the one that took my money the Danger Den NV-68 :naughty: Should be here thursday or friday. :clap:

As for the case its almost done like installing the on button LEDs & reset. so I would say that its 90% done. :dremel:

Last edited: 28 Feb 2005
  12. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

JUST A FREAKING AMAZING JOB ON THE PLEXI!!!!!! What a pain in tha A$$ to work with and you made it look pre-fab!!!!! Just great...On suggestion for you on the water path, since you got the RBX you will find that using its two outlets seperately will give you lower temps and a MUCH cleaner look. So run one outlet to the Maze4 chipset and the other to the Nv-68! :thumb: And since you got the room, you might want to consider running a Graphic LCD, not full color just a green led backlit one like you see here http://lcdgallery.net/?f=view&lcdid=143 ...makes cases look so hardcore!!!

Last edited: 28 Feb 2005
  13. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the advise I was thinking of going from the nv-68 and then to the P4 and then one going back to the res and the other going the chipset and then to the res since my res has 3 fittings on it. But of course I still dont know which order tell me if this is ok or is it better to go from the P4 to the video card first.

14. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

I added a link to something you might want to see for your case....that path is just fine...people say HEY goto the CPU first but it all ends up the same...Nexxo would back me up on that one :D (a mod GOD around here) Keep it up bro :rock:

15. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

:sigh: The LCD is something I’m hoping to get but to bad I have no money right now but ill keep the pictures up until the time I start adding the green plastic this summer,

I’m also planning another Acrylic case, trying to not give up any info right now until I’m done but it will consist with a Sony vain 1.7Ghz with a cracked LCD screen in it which would cost me $500 to fix, but since it was my brother's and my mom looking for a pc for her sewing room, "you know the $6000 sewing machines with the $600 programs :eeek: Lets just say that the LCD will be the PC and yes she will fund it. :dremel:

16. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Update 2-28-05

Update 2-28-05

Just a small update on whats happening, I got my computer in the case now until I get my water blocks which should be here tursday. So heres some more pictures. Its right now at 97% done. :thumb:

Got the opening for the front fans exits cut.

[​IMG]

Everything installed great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now ill leave you with this picture for right now with the only green light I have :D

[​IMG]

17. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

Nice I like it. Which DD blocks are you planning on using?

18. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

^ The Danger Den - RBX , Danger Den MAZE4-Chipset Block and Danger Den NV-68 :D

19. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

What pump did you use with that??

20. Blackfish23

Blackfish23 Minimodder

You really need to do something to those CD/DVD drives, as they stand out like a sore thumb and let the whole case down.

Apart from that, great work! :thumb: