1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other £150 for a phone? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 26 Feb 2012.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

So, I finally have some cash to get a new phone! Yay! Particularly smashing since mine got nicked last week.

Anyway, I had an LG Optimus 540 and it served my needs perfectly. I need Wifi, Android, youtube and a 3.5mm jack and that's pretty much it!

Suggestions would be lovely, at the moments the HTC Wildfire S and Samsung Galaxy Ace are top of the list.

What say you, Bit Tech?

EDIT: The Galaxy SII is WAY too big in my hand, so 3-3.5" would be maximum, smallll phones.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i picked up the htc wildfire and for the money, its a amazing phone
    comes with everything you need and isnt all that big

3. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Someone was looking to sell a HTC desire for under £100 on the market. Id really recommend the desire or a similar phone :)

4. Jeevus

Jeevus Minimodder

Used HTC Desires are going for about £90-£100 on Ebay but for the extra you may be able to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S if you're lucky. My other recommendation would have been an HTC Desire HD but the screen is the same size as the Galaxy S2.

5. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Try eBay, and buy a phone that finishes at an unusual time of day, I got a iPhone 3GS that finished at 4 in the morning recently and cost me £100, thing has no marks on it.

6. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Orange monte Carlo or San Francisco. And change from 150.
    Whatever you look at buying use http://www.gsmarena.com look up the handset, then use the compare function to compare with anything else you were looking at. Repeat as necessary until you have the best handset.
    It is mobile world congress this week so it may be worth holding out to see what news drops there as current models MAY see some discount to clear stock.
    Also did you have phone insurance with your bank account? It may help get you some extra cash following the theft (if you didn't claim on the house and contents insurance)

7. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

If you're not averse to second hand, a Galaxy S, Galaxy W or Arc S would be much better than Wildfires and the like. The major issue with Wildfires and Aces is that they have limited RAM, and low(er) resolution screens than the >800x480 norm, which renders them less useful.

Otherwise, if you could hold out, there's an Ace 2 due soon, which has an 800MHz dual core, 800x480 screen, 1GB RAM and so on - which should come out at about £150-175 (assuming they're not looking to replace the W, which is ~£200), and could suit your needs best.

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

second hand iphone 3gs for that money - no brainer.

9. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I'll not get into that one.
    Was only going to mention it saw a San Francisco in the price check thread earlier.
    By the way I have no personal ties to the potential seller.