1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice £700 gaming build (with TV as display)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mk1Slider, 1 Jan 2014.

1. sandys

sandys Multimodder

They do actually have a 2 core 4 thread also and it is desktop but is a T, the 4570, just to keep things nice and clear between models :)

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Certainly Intel don't like to make it easy with their naming. Giving their naming scheme a shake up every few years doesn't help either.

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I did say quad. I don't care if you can get an i5 with 2 cores 4 thread... I'm saying get a real quad. Far as I was aware the i5s were real quads with no hyperthreading; unless you are talking mobile parts in which case the Intel Nomenclature states **** you, your drunk... Course it has ht and then it might not... **** you... You figure it out

Last edited: 3 Jan 2014
  4. Mk1Slider

Mk1Slider What's a Dremel?

OK so I'm pretty sure of what I'm going for except for the GPU. If I stick to a budget of £200 for it, what should I be looking at, bearing in mind that realistically 1080 is probably going to be the resolution that I'll be gaming at for the foreseeable future?

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

bugger... well I'd say 280x for the foreseeable future, but that is just out of budget eh?

Nvidia gtx 760 is what I'd say fits the bill. But see what others pipe in with. I've not read many gfx cards reviews for quite a while.

EDIT: Looking at reviews... the performance at 1080p is pretty close to what my 7950 was doing. I only upgraded because of eyefinity. So it is probably the way to go. I do wonder though if we are about to see a big jump in memory usage though because of new consoles.