POTM [02/07] Converging Lanes

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by trigger, 20 Feb 2007.

1. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

So this is my first entry for the month, Converging Lanes, I may enter another later in the month, as I'm not entirely happy with how this came out, but I can't find any other good spots with lanes which converg :sigh:

As always constructive criticism/comments welcome. :)

[​IMG]

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Woa, that's really cool. Well done.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I love it.

4. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Very nice composition and good application of the theme. The lines leading the eye in to the image are great.

However, for f/16 it looks rather soft / OOF. The multi (14!?) point stars give an impression of crispness but actually looking at the detail, like the chevrons and traffic lights, tells a different story.

Also a slight shame that the fore-most traffic-light isn't grounded, but a minor gripe. Technicalities aside; loving it. :thumb:

5. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Thanks guys :)

This was actually my first attempt at using RAW as well - I think I'm converted (if you excuse the pun!). As for the softness, Hwulex - I know what you mean, though I'm not 100% sure what caused it. My tripod (Manfrotto 714SHB) isn't exactly very sturdy, and it was a bit windy that night, so that probably didn't help. Also this is a crop from the original.

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

As for the softness just had a play in PS and around a 200% unsharp mask fixes it ;)
    It's a nice (in actual fact VERY similar to one I was thinking about doing for this month) idea but I feel the shot is lacking slightly. (but that's just me, don't take it personally :))

7. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Looking at the whole shot on your Flickr, I suddenly thought to myself 'hang on, that looks just like Guildford'. Then I saw the Geolocation and read the road signs. :D

Tags: