POTM [02/07] Micro-collage

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Firehed, 19 Feb 2007.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

[​IMG]

Brownie points to anyone who recognizes what it actually is :) Stepping back a bit might help :hehe:

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Could be Sephiroth, or the dude from DMC (Dante?)

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with this photo - it's far too blurry for me. Sorry and all that.

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I really like the idea behind this photo. The basic idea behind this particular printing technique; the "convergence" of all the colored dots becomes an actual image when you step back.

However, I think the photo itself should at least have been in focus. I don't get the impression that the blur is intentional, as there really is no reason for it.

Also, the exposure seems a little flat. Bumping up the contrast a bit would help this photo. Increasing the contrast can also help the softness, as well, as more contrast can give the illusion of more sharpness to the image.

Aside from those two issues, I do think this is a great idea. I also like the fact that the face is turned sideways. It makes it less immediately identifiable; you have to stare at the image for a little bit.

-monkey

4. Firehed

Yeah, getting it in focus (or as close as it was) was almost impossible. Cheap macro-magnifier filter bits aside, it is magnified at least ten times from the original size, so that might be down at least in part to the actual print quality. Looking back at it when it's *not* 4am, I'm thinking I may withdraw this entry and re-submit something that came out a bit better, as this really isn't doing much for me when I'm not horrendously overtired.

kenco - close.

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Cloud isn't it?
    Interesting all the same. :)

6. Firehed

That's the one :)

7. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

An interesting take on the theme - I like it :)

Tags: