1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [02/08] Measuring Reflections

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by teamtd11, 23 Feb 2008.

1. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

[​IMG]

Camera: Olympus SP510UZ
    Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
    Aperture: f/5
    Focal Length: 31.3 mm
    ISO Speed: 50

This is as it is off the camera. But i would like some help with what i could do to improve it (if it can be :hehe:)
    Edit: Had a play in photoshop, the original is now here

Last edited: 24 Feb 2008
  2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I really like this image. The off-kilter post, the colors being reflected off the water and the measuring stick...just overall, I really enjoy it. It's amazingly simple, but there's so much stuff going on in the water that it still looks sufficiently "busy" to hold my interest. :) A good shot overall!

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I like the colors, and the composition is pretty good. I like the way the post is off center, but the photo doesn't totally follow the rule of thirds. In this case, I think it actually works. As Da Dego mentioned, I like all the little details going on in the water; the water details provide a secondary point of interest after the measuring post.

However, I wish there was more to the reflection. As it is, the reflection is too dark to really see any details, so it looks more like a shadow than a true reflection.

-monkey

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Kinda feel the same as both posters here, nice processing mind :)

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Thank you for your feedback. I will see if i can make any improvements to the reflection. Bring some of the detail back.

As for the off-kilter post. I think it is vertical, but i was holding the camera wonky. Maybe it was a stroke of luck.

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Dunno how but I somehow missed this one until now. Thats a ace shot with great colors and composition. Well done mate!
    You have actually managed to catch opposite color gradients in the stick and the water/sky. I think that's what makes it really play.

Tags: