1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [03/08] Night Tree

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Starfighter, 25 Mar 2008.

1. Starfighter

Starfighter New Member

Sneaking this in just before the compo closes:

[​IMG]

1/100s, ISO 100, f/1.4, 30mm, Canon 400D

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Ooh lights! :)
    I like the movement of the lights. Color wise I think it could gain a whole lot by boosting the colors so the blue and red stand out just a little further (helped when I turned up brightness lol).
    Perhaps higher dof would have been nice... not sure but it's like point of focus isn't dragging me into the shot.
    All in all a very nice shot. I like the subject and composition and find it refreshing.

I might just ask one thing: Why this crop? Would it have worked if the branch reaching to the right had been there in full as well?

Cheers!

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

I think the DoF is just a bit too shallow, I find my eyes wandering to the centre of the photo and that's blurred.

I love the idea and I certainly don't dislike it.

4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Agree with Yoda totally, if it wasn't quite as shallow, and possibly centre focus, it'd work for me I think.

5. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe New Member

he he a light trail to the land of bokeh eh? I love this... this goes to my bookmark folder of things to look at while stoned! Thanks

6. Starfighter

Starfighter New Member

The original image seemed a bit off balance (I didn't like the branch wandering off the top), so I chose this crop + rotate, as it captured the in-focus bits and also some of the un-illuminated branches in the background.

I had the idea of doing something like this, and this is the best I could manage whilst running around Birmingham before my train arrived :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tags: