1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [11/09]Waiting for her prince to come

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by OleJ, 18 Nov 2009.

1. OleJ

OleJ Me!

[​IMG]

You most likely know who this is ;-)

2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

A well done silhouette, though I have no clue who it is (and thus probably my confusion as to how it fits the theme).

This is a bit of a departure for you, OleJ. I like it, but I'm not able to put my finger on something that bothers me. I actually feel like it's unfinished, I dont' know why. I wish I could offer better C&C than to say "I'm strongly confused but I don't feel anything else strongly." Actually, I'm going to move away from it now because it's going to bug the hell out of me. I actually feel nervous looking at it because I can't understand my feelings about it effectively.

3. eggbird

eggbird What's a Dremel?

i think its the mermaid. Famous statue in denmark ;).
    lovely picture though

4. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Ooooooh! Gotcha. The picture still bugs. But it does elicit emotion ;)

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

It might be the top that needs just a sliiiight crop to take a bit of the backwards curve.
    Or the high ISO noise perhaps... I know I want the blue to be more smooth but haven't had time to brush it up. I was also worried how much PP I could do and still stay within conventions of POTM.

Aside from that I don't know what might bug you :D Perhaps someone else in here with more portrait experience knows?

Oh and yes this is indeed The Little Mermaid as eggbird and bigkingfun mentioned. Hence the link to the theme "Cultural Icons".