News Robbery, shooting in PS3 line

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 17 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

This is just rediculous, if this is what happens when there arn't enough PS3s to go around, I hate to think what it's going to be like in the future, when I don't know, the oil runs out and food can't be delivered to stores.

3. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Imagine what will happen when the PS4 comes out!

4. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

i knw how bout u dnt rush out a product and get a resonable mount of stock into all chains before it is released

5. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

Someone needs to tell them they're buying a games console, not the elixir of life.

:rolleyes:

6. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

its a PS3 goddamn it, they deserve all they get for wanting something so overly priced and useless :p

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

including getting shot?

8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I was waiting for someone to blame Sony. I guess it is their fault a couple of low-life scumbags decided to rob some innocent people.

That store is only about a 15 minute drive from my house. It's not too suprising considering Manchester is very.....we'll just say "urban" kind of town. Where I live, in East Windsor, we have an extremely low crime rate and everyone is pretty decent around here. Of course some people are incapable of getting jobs and making a living, or they are too uneducated either because they got kicked out of school for being a "thug" or they were just plain lazy and dropped out of school. These people are selfish and disgusting, they don't care if they destroy someones life, they just want to rob the 34 bucks out of their wallet.

According to one of the local news channels around here www.wfsb.com both robbers were White, appoximately 17 years old, and fled on foot. Two losers who don't even have a car trying to rob some innocent people.

"It was one gentleman who stood up to the people and said, 'You're not going to get any of our money.' Unfortunately, that's when he was shot," Putnam Mayor Bob Viens said.

Fortunately attempted murder and armed robbery both carry pretty hefty sentences, and I'm pretty sure the state will try to get them tried as adults.

So what would you do? Fork over the money or try to put up a fight? Two guys with guns are certainly no match for 20 angry gamers....right?

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

From the number of pundits giving this round to MS and the number of problems Sony is having causing themselves, maybe there won't be a PS4 - hey, I can dream can't I? - though in my dream Nintendo clobbers both and Atari makes a comeback and replaces both Sony & MS in the console market - and then that woman from... ah, I found my happy place :D

10. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

One fanboy down, several million to go

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

In my opinion, if a store only has 10 units to sell, the first 10 people to show up will get one. After the 10th person steps in line, put up a sign or have an employee stand at the back of the line to inform everyone else that they are out of luck.

No more 300-person lines and no more large group dynamics.

-monkey

12. rowin4kicks

sorry i didn't want to come across as blaming sony
    i knw there pretty messed up ppl around who go around taking advantage of situation, im just saying about the angry mob of ppl who got into a massive brawl about a ps3?!?!
    it would help if there was more stock avaialbe to them

13. Neogumbercules

The mans injuries were not life threatening, he's said to be in stable condition, you ass.

14. Neogumbercules

It wasn't an angry mob. It was a group of people just hanging out waiting for the store to open so they could get their system and two criminals came up to them on foot and demanded their money.

15. Neogumbercules

Oh, correction. The robery took place in Putnam, which is actually not near my house. A mugging at an Electronics Boutique in the Mall in manchester took place also, and the news story I read wasn't clear about it. (or maybe I just read it wrong)

16. riggs

riggs ^_^

Two stories, one news article.

Sony weren't to blame for this, it's the mentality of fanboys that's the problem. They're acting like it'll be the end of the world if they don't get their hands on one.

Idiots.

[edit]Ah, you've corrected youself - I'm 2 minutes too late :D

17. rowin4kicks

no there were two incidents reported in the article
    one, guys demand money and guy bravely says no, thus gets shot for it

two, angry mob don't like the fact that there are only 10 ps3's and it all desends into chaos and the cops are called

/edit. beaten to it damn!

18. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Hooray for triple posts.

Even if i wanted a PS3 so bad why bother when you could wait a month or so extra and get one that doesnt need updates out of the box.

Id rather put 300 quid into buying a PS3 beating graphics card anyday.

19. Neogumbercules

Oh, I was going on the news story at www.wfsb.com. You get 300 people in the same place when they all want the same thing and you're gonna have problems. The individual is smart (sometimes) but the mob is always stupid. Anyone remember cabbabe patch kid crazy from the '70s? Of course I wasn't born yet, but my mom has told me that people were going crazy for those things.

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

#"%#$&&$#/&&/$#%$&&/&/#&%$#&/ sony, this is just dumb, so F dumb, this could have been avoided:

put more consoles in one store, don't spread them across N stores with each having only 10 to sell instead put 100 in less stores, forbid a line, if anyone makes a line then these people would be fined because they are a danger to them selfs and to others, randomize the time when the store opens, i don't care if people want the console to sell it on ebay or if they want it so they can play on it, IT IS A BLOODY CONSOLE!!!! and don't call these people the "real" gamers because they are not!

this is dangerous and should be forbidden!

Tags: Add Tags