1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft says it doesn't want to own RSS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 28 Dec 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

In other news: MS says it doesn't want to rule the entire world, just the parts with money. (any amount, even the poorest parts)

I think it's too late to patent this now and if it's not then someone should sue MS for copying tabs and the fact that they function almost exactly like those in another browser (that had them before MS).

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

lets hope they don't f*** RSS up..... or parts of it.

4. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Software patents = bad. There's no way around it. No matter what Microsoft says right now, once it has the patent, there's every possibility it'll do a 180° turn and start trying to charge everybody on the Web for using RSS.

Why, oh why, are software patents granted at all?

5. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

i love the way that they said it
    man the marketing boys in Redmond put their best foot forward on that one. I'm sure that MS would not stop at tweaking RSS a little. I'm sure that they would also charge for its use. it makes me wonder who they are trying to fool by writing such sugared up crap.

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

How on earth could they charge us for technology which can run completely apart from any of their technology?
    It's in such wide use that trying to control its use would be nigh on impossible.
    Like trying to control the use of handkerchiefs.

Tags: Add Tags