1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Episodic Gaming For Girlies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 31 May 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Are there any women invlolved in the making of this game, or is it being written by a bunch of testosteron-fuelled misogynists? More to the point, are any women over 30 involved in writing this game?
    My guess is not, and I think it shows. Nobody will touch this, not even lonely 30+ female gamers...

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

You cant really make a game that is aimed at one sort of person, and in this case, 30year old women, you have to make it appear to all people, no matter how old. I dont think it will work.

Sam

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think the real problem is they don't understand their audience. Thirty year old women who do play games will want the same type of games as most sophisticated gamers - something interesting and with a gripping storyline and real cinematic feel. That or a fun filled fragfest depending on tastes.

30 year old women who DON'T play games though, won't be tempted by this and will view episodic gaming as a hassle.

It's nothing to do with age or gender. Gamers will want to play good games, non gamers won't play any games. Because the Wii is such a family orientated console it seems like everyone thinks they can make a simple game for a casual market nowadays.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

episodic gaming = evil.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Nononon, episodic gaming CAN be done right. SiN and HL episodes are just letting the side down. If ritual hadn't been bought off and if Valve weren't overly ambitious idiots who announce things six years in advamce then we'd all be playing Sin episode three right or Samn and Max episodes right now.

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

this is... interesting.. I'm not sure what to think about this actually.. I'm still leaning towards it not being a hit.. however I think it's got a better chance of success than getting them to play Doom 4 :p ..I mean,

Tags: Add Tags