1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MS & Google continue anti-trust feud

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Get a grip Google. It's an integrated feature, they're not promoting other products as it's fixed to Vista. Do they really have much to worry about in terms of search engine market share anyway? Live is losing money and Google's still top by a mile. Fact is, Google are doing this because they know how much Microsoft dislike them, not because they really care about Live.

<A88>

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this is stupid.... i prefer the integrated search, it is one of the few features i like on vista

4. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

While i never used the google desktop search in XP, with it in stalled when you pressed F3 or Windows+F did you get the XP search come up or the google search come up?

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I wonder what happened to google. "don't be evil" obviously went out the window. :sigh:

6. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

well i can kind of see where their coming from, personally i would like a seamless app, something that doesn't create yet another exe, but where companies can integrate their features into windows

However, what about IE, i mean if your complaining that this search is anti-competitive, surely IE has to be one of the most uncompetitive products around, plus you cant actually get rid of it or stop it due to its heavy integration into windows

7. bilbothebaggins

bilbothebaggins What's a Dremel?

Well. That's the problem isn't it? We all want effective [insert feature here] embedded. At the same time we want choice. I do not think this is possible with Windows. Any (good/effective) feature embedded will prevent us from having choice by destroying the user-base. :sigh:

cheers,
    -btb-

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

it is a problem, yes... Windows search was awful before Vista though - it's one of those features that never used to make extensive use of before I started using Vista.

9. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

and in XP everyone who didn't know where their stuff was, would have to get some bloated desktop search program

surely they could make Windows as more of a framework, and companies can snap in the extras that they want, replacing the standard MS ones, no-antitrust suits, everyone is happy

10. bilbothebaggins

bilbothebaggins What's a Dremel?

Exactly. They could. And as long as they don't do: sue 'em, sue 'em, sue 'em ... :D

Tags: Add Tags