1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Eight more parties join YouTube class action case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Aug 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Genius :sigh:

YouTube is like a massive space that where want to see products that are essentially advertised FOR FREE. With this move global brand awarenesses will plummet and prospective international audiences will be lost through lack of exposure. YouTube doesn't decrease sales (through percieved piracy) it actually increases their audience and sales.

For instance - my brother just bought the complete DVD set of Family Guy (which isn't shown on free to air tv in Australia). I don't believe he would have done this without the odd clip appearing on YouTube and getting passed from email to email. They've really thought this one through haven't they:wallbash:

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

f***ing greedy pigs..... i hope youtube takes all of their videos of the site and their sales plummet.

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

QFT!

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

But I honestly do think that there are LOADS of other people who just download things for free off bit torrent and watch things off youtube and they just aren't paying for content.

6. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I don't see what this will achieve

Youtubes quality is so poor, that if i actually wanted to watch something, i wouldn't watch it on youtube (i think i started watching a movie once and gave up after 10 Min's because it looked awful)
    Youtube looks great when its in that little 300x200 window (or whatever) but if you want anything resembling a decent picture, youtube isn't a good place to get it

Now as an advertising medium though, hock damn, all these people are basically getting a free ride, they don't have to pay at all for it

Tags: Add Tags