1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 0

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jackel, 1 Sep 2002.

1. Jackel

Jackel Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

Last edited: 6 Jun 2004
  2. Jackel

3. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

*ahem* copyright *ahem* :eyebrow:

I hope you have permission to use the designs you listed, as I happen to know of some of the people who hold the rights to those ... :miffed:

Perhaps you should consider using your own and none of the above.

4. Stu

Stu New Member

I would want a coupla of the counterstrike ones if the price was right ;)

5. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Like Mr Stuart said, if you blatantly rip off someone's design, you're walking into a copyright minefield.
    If you're crap at design, I may be able to do something.

6. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD New Member

If the price was right Id have 10 alu flame ones, got a project planned ;)

7. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

if you did some of the punisher 80mm fan grills i woul dbe very interested :)

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

me too, or a descent atomiuc one, that ones sucks,m and i know if i had one i would be stupid enough to put my finger through it and FEEL THE BURN!

9. Jackel

10. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Yes - they more than likely do have permission to sell them.

The answer is to find the original supplier/designer of a particular design or, as I said, make your own design.

I'd hate it more if I found someone selling one of my designs without so much as a nod.
    [​IMG] (like this one)
    If it was for their own project, it would be different to a commercial venture like you are proposing.

I apologise if you think I spoke in an abrupt way but I felt that you appeared not to have taken the matter of copyright into consideration at all (or were perhaps blatantly ignoring it).
    There are many pitfalls in business and right now, being spoken to harshly would be one of the very least of my worries, as it would be with you too, if you were sitting in court awaiting a judges decision.

11. Jackel

12. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

I do believe that ZXmods.com holds the trademark (or atleast shows it) on the Websun, Spidermax, and TwistWeb grills seen here

watch your step

13. m00min

m00min New Member

simply modifing the designs could get around the copy right problem surely, i though it would be a little on the nasty side of things, but it seems like Cammy has the modding communitys best interest at heart, lets face it the grills are prolly as over priced as the CC modding sites sell £40 for a CC or £10 at maplins

:sigh:

14. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

I honestly didn't think I came on too strong, y'know - but then it was about 5am so my judgement could have been impaired.... Best of luck with it to you anyway (and drop me a line if you do want me to put any online for you ;)

I was offered a watercutting service myself a while back for stuff like this and aluminium sidepanels too but haven't been able to follow it up properly yet.
    It's the same type of machine as used to do pHaestus's (ProCooling) snowflake cutouts.

I'm not sure if I'd want to be responsible for peoples' case parts but I know people would want it done, so, how much would be a good price for doing this? (I have extra shipping back and forth to take into account)
    I'm talking complete panel cuts here... not grilles - don't want to butt in on Cammy's project. :)

15. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

To my knowlege, a modified version of a copyrighted 'media', 'material' and/or 'trademark' must be at least 70% new or it is considered the 'original work'. I am not sure if this applies to fan grilles but it certainly applies to computer/game images. Personally I believe that anyone intending on selling *anything* self-made should never copy that which is not theirs to copy. Besides, are you of such little creativity that you cannot design your own?

I certainly hope your not so ignorant as to believe that every single online store makes those grilles. I would bet anything that the reason for the price is in fact that they order them from a distributor from the US and choose to 'up the price' for no reason other than its possible (IE. if no-one charges lower, why should they).

If I seem harsh on my views I apologise, but as a software developer I am constantly aware of 'copyright pirates', the second you make something people like you know theres going to be a million 'pack dogs' trying to get 'a peice of your meat' (if you get the meaning). Basically, what I'm saying is: idea - good, implementation - bad. Just make your own designs, thats all.

16. Jackel

17. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

if you make your own designs, perhaps you might want to consider protecting them. That is if you dont want others to freely use it, possibly taking 'buyers' from you.
    -Just a thought.

either way, any chance of posting a pic or two of the finished product? I'm sure we'd all be interested in how it turns out.

18. Jackel

19. r3Q

r3Q Member

AHEM *school* AHEM..

school is always good for somthing =).. check this mofukin shiat out..

grill i made at school wit clear neon green acrylic (im makin a case outta this in about 3-6 days! ill get some pics and **** as i go along)
    [​IMG]

this is the grill i posted in the mod to innovate comp
    [​IMG]

this is a grill i will make in 2 days on the schools plotter. the blue is an etch, i will prolly use this for a cpu fan or somthing.
    [​IMG]

All these grills were made in school on AUTOCAD2000, takes like 10 mins to design a freggin grill. easypeasy. i had a pic of like 15 grills including wolfenstein, quake3, jedi knight 2, doom III, UT, and some misc designs.. dont spend much money on those aluminum cutouts, they are a waste of money unless you have a freggin lilan-li, or have money to burn(in witch case, send me some and ill make some custom ones =D req@raping.us .)

school aint fo loosahs. you can do SOME cool stuff wit the right equipment.
    those are my thoughts.

20. Buttcrack

Buttcrack New Member

R3Q - that skull looks fregging sweet, would you sell any, namley 2 80mm and 1 120mm..? if so, what kind of materials do you have at hand to make them from?

Cammy - HEAVILY interested in mortal combat dragon grills, please give me any information you can. also curious about punisher grills but not as important if for some reason you have a hard time getting info about them.

im in US

email at blackreignbeta@hotmail.com or pm or reply or whatever.