1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V 1600x1200 Resolution Monitors??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JazX101, 18 Jan 2007.

1. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Lo!
    Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any 19+ inch monitors with a 1600x1200 resolution, I'm really not that interested in widescreen monitors, but was looking for somethign for some design work, along with the usual games and DVD playback. Internal power is a must because I'm fedup of bricks all over my desk.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Many thanks
    Jaz_knos

2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

What's the particular reason you're wanting a 19" screen [few of which can display 1600 x 1200], and not a 20" [most of which can display 1600 x 1200] :scratch:
    There's very little difference in physical size (footprint) between 19" and 20" TFT's?

And what do you mean by "internal power" :confused: Even TFT's have to be plugged into the mains, and my two TFT's at least still use a power brick :idea:

Finally... you'd best provide a maximum budget?
    Since you're wanting to use it for design work, I expect you'll need quite a high-end screen, but prices vary enormously, so we need something to go on?

3. K

K 528491

The Dell 2007FP is probably a good bet if it's anywhere near as good as it's widescreen cousin and does indeed use an internal power supply.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...image_flag=True&l=en&s=dhs&show_summary=False

Although I would quite honestly plump for the wide model, I can't imagine going back to 4:3 now. I do a lot of video editing and design work and I love the wide aspect, it's brilliant.

Not sure why the above poster is so confused with your simple question...

4. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Internal power: you plug the mains power lead into the back and it does all the voltage rectification within the monitor. 20 inch is fine, just there are some available that are 19 inch and didnt want to exclude them for no reason.
    The reason for the internal power is I have some plans to mod it at some point, and would prefer not to have an external power adapter to worry about, one of my monitors is internal, one is external, funny thing is that they are both Iiyama prolite 431s's bought about a year apart.
    I dont really have a budget as yet, more an issue of what I feel a sensible trade off between size, performance and cost. My lack of interest in a widescreen one is more from the fact that you loose pixels at the bottom to make up for the extended sides. I just find the concept unsatisfactory.
    Many thanks for the suggestion, having a look.
    Jaz_knos

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

All of the NEC monitors I've used (lots) have had internal power supplies

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

and samsungs

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I recently sold 2 samsungs that had a power brick, but the one sitting in front of me now has an internal supply