1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Revisiting the Akasa Enigma

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Poor Akasa, the case just isn't working as they'd hoped is it? I hope they can fix the problems soon, because on the surface it looks like quite a sweet little product.

3. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

It seems the 'enigma' part of the name is referring to 'how do you manage to get it to work'. ^^

4. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Ok, if you had a SATA cable that was right angled at both ends would you have been able to get the hard drive in?
    Still, the case is a bit of a failure - shame really.

6. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

Now, here's a stupid idea... why not put the hdd and optical drive UNDER the motherboard tray? Wonder why no case-makes thought of that...

7. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

stupid question but did you try using the sata cable the other way round i.e. the 90* side into the motherboard and the straight side into the hdd?

I dunno, they must have got it to work in their labs and whilst there are obviously design flaws i really struggle to understand how akasa with a fair repertoire of case building expertise can get it so wrong as to not be able to fit a hard disk in!

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yep, the PSU wires get in the way and there's a risk that you'd break the SATA port off the drive given the amount of pressure you'd have to apply to secure the drive in place.