1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gigabyte launches Cloud based overclocking

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 10 Jun 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I can see how this can be greatly abused if someone gets hold of your mobile...

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'd genuinely want some overclocking site/team to make a short article of all these wacky ways of overclocking, and which (if any) they've found to actually work or be even remotely useful. I'm not such a keen clocker, but gosh, what's wrong in doing it the way everyone else does?

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Great concept, directly outdoes Asus' ROGconnect (or whatever it's called)

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

You could theoretically as a cracker. Hang, crash or fry any Cloud OC PC system in the world. As a cracker this would be the ultimate cracking experience!

6. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I suppose if you left your system running benchtests because you have a hot date on a friday night and realise that by 10:30 you're still out partying. You know the tests have finished but don't want your system running full pelt doing nothing. Then great, log while you are showing off your new body poppin' moves and your evening is building up to be perfect in every way. You got the girl, your rig isn't in meltdown and everyone in the club thinks you are cool!

Open them eyes and wake up to realise, you're a geek and can never get that date in the first place. So it's useless!

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

a more complicated, internet-requiring way of real-time overclocking.

what's wrong with Asus's connecting a netbook through USB? everyone has got one, it's more reliable, less fussy and doesn't require constant internet connection. besides, it actually works great, and allows you to even remotely flash your BIOS (if i remember correctly)

8. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

EZTune and Turbo-V work well on x58 and P55 systems because they actually modify the BIOS value on the fly and for the most part they have the same steps as the BIOS.

If this works by remotely tapping into EZTune then there's no reason to expect it not to work but don't expect the stability of a professionally BIOS tuned system.

9. gcwebbyuk

gcwebbyuk Dib Dabbler

DO you mean Gigabyte EZTune? I was advised not to use it, as overclocking a quad core CPU, it only OC's the 1st core, leaving the other 3 at stock speed. I may be wrong though....

10. Techspat

Techspat What's a Dremel?

I think it's way cool! 3D benchmarks require you to run them in full screen mode and this cloud feature will let you keep an eye on your settings and temperatures.

11. bw67958

bw67958 What's a Dremel?

To be honest I don't think I'd ever use something like this, mainly because if I'm overclocking my PC I'm doing it in front of my PC so I can see the results!

Tags: Add Tags