1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 mini-ITX Motherboard Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 15 Jun 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Gigabyte seem to be consistently fantastic boards but their colour schemes are so incredibly horrible. Which, is unfortunately (and stupidly) a major factor in my purchasing. Still, if I was to purchase an mITX board I'd definitely be looking at this board first.

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Is anyone actually going to stick a 5870 on a mini itx board?

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I think quite a few people would like to build a small yet powerful gaming system! Speaking of which...

Hey guys (Bit-Tech staff), I know that these boards aren't really made to run quad cores like the 750 but I'd really like to see if they can actually get a decent overclock on them nonetheless.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I might ask Gigabyte to have a go, because I have other plans for this one and can't afford to repaint the walls if it does go up in flames. :hehe:

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Ever heard of Lian Li PC-Q08 ? :)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

8. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

Hey guys! Thanks for reviewing this board! It makes me feel that my decision on purchasing this motherboard better.
    I'll be chucking on a 750 (like you) and a vapor-x 5850 on this motherboard in a SG05.

I kinda like the Blue/White scheme. There are too many boards that are Black/Colour which kinda bores me. The blue white is a little easier on the eyes.

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Abotu the color scheme: just slap a large heat sink there and you won't see the board anyway. And personally I just don't care about the color scheme, some sure look better than others, but would it effect what I buy? Nope.

10. leonlee

leonlee What's a Dremel?

Hey Bit-tech, couldn't you guys have added results from the DFI P55-T36? It would have been the primary and more similar competitor of the Gigabyte board (no wifi, better OC potential).

11. Redkachina

Redkachina Califragilistsic Expialidocious

What a nice and small looking board..overclocks well too..
    Now if only there's an AMD version as well..lucky you Intel user *sigh*

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Our fantastic photography department broke the socket just after we reviewed it earlier this year, and we've reset our tests and drivers since then so old results cannot be compared. DFI are certainly not sending us a new one since we broke this story too: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/motherboards/2010/06/03/the-lanparty-is-over-for-dfi/1

Im arranging AMD mini-ITX boards: 880G from Asus and 890GX from J&W soon for review :thumb:

13. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

Walked in this morning to see one of these sat on my desk ready for me to have a play with.

Looks a fantastic board, little dissapointed you did not mention the packaging in your review though. Its my favourite box for a PC component, it is only JUST big enough to safely hold the motherboard, manuals and cables.

Dropped an 875K into it and will see what it can do. :)

14. Jack_Pepsi

I hope it doesn't get too hot like the DFi board did... does.

15. Tom @ CCL

It will be going into a case with average ventilation at best, I will still put money on it being rock solid stable as I have found Gigabyte's motherboards the ones that stand up to silly amounts of punishment the best over the past couple of years.

16. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Bindibadgi, Pete, faugusztin, yes yes & of course yes (I read the forums too), but thinking about the larger target market for itx, it strikes me that the gaming benchmarks with a high end gfx card goes straight past the interests of a large market in favour of the pure performance interest. thermals, quietness, simplicity, surely these are big factors too?

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Awesome! Let us know how it gets on!

18. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

now they just need to do a 140W 890GX version!!! wish Asus would do ROG itx boards:)

19. Jack_Pepsi

Please say a Silverstone SG05 (I prefer that to the SG07) or will it go on a work-bench type of chassis?

20. Tom @ CCL

Try more like a major OEM unbranded special. :)

It is being looked at for use in high performing applications for education / small business. Slot a more powerful machine in amongst the farm of Atom and VIA powered devices.

Tags: Add Tags