1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.2Ghz vs 3.0Ghz?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkLord7854, 8 Feb 2007.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Well I'm just asking because I already have this cooler and I'm not in the mood to pay 10$ S&H plus 10$ repackaging fee to Newegg to get a new one. Was wondering if it was worth bringing the speed up. I had it at 2.5Ghz but it was getting too hot for my taste (67 on load) and when I dropped it to 2.0 (later brought it to 2.2). I didn't see muh of a difference

BTW, I used to have ATiTrayTools for my old 9600, loved the FPS and screenshot capabilities among other things.. Anyone know if there's an NVidia version of this?

2. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

my temps: pretty DAM HIGH. :worried:

60 idle
    full load, dont even wanna think about it.

anyway, it possible, i stuck a scythe infinity with an silenx ixtrema 74 cfm fan on it. and it was not quiet.

edit: dragontail, you are correct, i just set up water cooling today, but my proc has been 3.6 on air for around 2 weeks (i think i shortened the life of my chip by like a year, because for 1 week on air, i didnt turn it off the whole time). on water, its like 35 idle!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

That's because SilenX is a complete and utter rip off. They state 74cfm, and that is correct: at 12v. They state 16db, and that is also correct: At minimum starting voltage (about 3v)

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Hehe.... Well... I got mine stable at a whopping 3.23Ghz!

I managed to get it to 3.46 but it wouldn't boot into windows. I got it to boot once into windows at 3.34Ghz but after rebooting, it didn't boot to windows after. I can push it to 3.30Ghz but it's a 50% chance of booting to windows. 3.23Ghz I found to be the most stable though if I tinker with the RAM a little bit I could probably get it to boot at 3.30Ghz

Screenie to prove it:
    [​IMG]

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Awesome, well done :D