1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors 2005 chrysler 300c or 1999 Caddy Sts

Discussion in 'General' started by MRKIKKOMAN5645, 17 Jan 2005.

1. MRKIKKOMAN5645

MRKIKKOMAN5645 New Member

alright well one of my friends owns a 1999 caddy STS and he if thinkin he is all tough **** and he is thinkin he can beat a new chyrsler 300c now my friend does have the northstar engine
    category chrysler caddy
    engine v8 v8
    horsepower 340 320
    wieght aprox.4000 aprox 3000
    torque 390flbs 320 ftlbs
    RW/FW RW FW
    gear shifts at 5000rpms 4400rpms

anything else u need??
    my opinion:
    i think the 300c has got my friend beat cuz he has the torque that will get him off the line first and that 20 extra hp will keep the 300c's fatass the same distance infront of the sts

agree? disagree? and why?

2. MRKIKKOMAN5645

they r both automatics also

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

heres and idea, if you need to know so badly: try

4. MRKIKKOMAN5645

yea if i only had the money to buy a brand ****in new chrysler 300c smart ass

5. [Tom]

[Tom] New Member

Crikey mate, no need to bite his head off!
    He is right, it's not very easy to say from a bunch of numbers.....so many other things to take into consideration e.g. performance of the automatic transmission, tyres etc. etc.

6. penski

penski BodMod

Hey. Less of the flaming.

*n

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Super Moderator Super Moderator

whahey! nice
    first of all, what is your definition of "beat"?
    if its straight line racing, get the 1/4 mile times for each, job done, not hard
    if its you want to know general track performance, then the only way to know for sure is to do it, all the numbers and figures in the world still wont tell you real-life performance. both of them would be similar around a track (both of them would get nailed by a 120bhp fiat punto as well probably :hehe: )

flaming on these forums is not taken kindly, to anyone
    guess what, flaming a moderator is pretty silly as well
    guess what, I've also made a little picture for you, "smart ass"
    [​IMG]

8. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 New Member

I work for Daimler Chrysler and yes a 300c will stay ahead of that car... hell we have raced one against a Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang and so on. The thing is it may be an auto but it has a shifter to. You can move it to the left to go down and to the right to go up.

9. theflinger

theflinger New Member

hahahhaa, I'm so using that on other forums!!

:D :D :D

10. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

caddy would probly win because the culture of the sts's engine is alot calmer and smoother and stabler powerband and gm makes better autos than chrystler does. That and the fact that the suspension on the sts is allot better.

my .02cent
    agree or disagre
    and btw this is by no means a opening for a flame war over what is better so if that feeling comes along leave me out of it

11. Froggy

Froggy New Member

This one sounds close. using online calculators, the 300c should get a 1/4 mile ET of about 13.963801425476297 seconds while the caddy should get 12.94594422458949 seconds. Just over a 1 second difference, but that can easly change depending on tire grip and your reaction time. In the perfect world, the caddy wins.

12. Saner

Saner New Member

In my experience, 1 seconds isnt close, its miles apart.

13. Froggy

Froggy New Member

but its 1 second in perfect world. In real life it will come down to things like driver skill, gear ratios, shift timings and smaller factors like aerodynamics and track conditions. The 1 second difference on the calculator means that the race can go either way.

14. theflinger

theflinger New Member

but what he meant was 1 sec in the quarter mile is a huuuuuge huuuuuge difference, whether in perfect world or not. Plus, perfect world of launch gets edged out once you go a mile or so

15. mUrml

mUrml New Member

You can't just come up with some numbers, and the expect us to say which one is fastest. So much depends, like suspensions (counts as much as the engine), tyres and so on and so forth.
    The only way to find out, is to race 'em, og find the proper 1/4mile timings.

And as the moderator said, the would properly get beaten up by a fiat punto GT, or some other tiny car :naughty:

Tags: