1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors 2014 Fiesta key programming?

Discussion in 'General' started by goldstar0011, 13 Jun 2018.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Howdy

My mate has 2014 Fiesta with a key that starts the car but it has no buttons for door opening.
    He was given 2 keys being told they can be programmed to unlock the door.

I've done key programming on a couple of older VW's using VAG COM.
    There's numerous videos on YouTube on how to programme a key turning the key X amount of times.

Anyone know if these are true and work?

To confirm, we only want to programme a key to unlock the car, not start it as that is different.

Cheers

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Does the car actually have remote central locking? Surely if it did, the supplied key/keys would have the necessary buttons to facilitate it.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Am sure it does (why would a 2014 car not have remote lockling) but I think the supplied key is a backup, I had a plastic key that only started my old VW

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

AFAIK on current Fords you need two keys to code a new one.

Typically "backup" keys from Ford were flat black rounded squares with the blade in one end and a coloured (Blue. Red.. Can't remember) slug in the other side for the transponder.

Do the other keys start the car? If so, the transponder is coded to the car, and it should be the ridiculous I-II-I-II ignition position trick to get it into programming mode. If they don't, I'd be getting an auto locksmith out for peace of mind.

Still, if you fancy mucking about and have the appropriate USB OBDII (I expect one with HI-CAN/LOW-CAN bus switch will be needed) cable, ForSCAN (You need the free advanced license, pretty painless process to get it) had key coding facilities last I checked. Although, fair warning, I've never tried it myself. Pretty sure it covers current Fords, but I've only ever used it in anger with the RS - I did briefly plumb it into the Mondeo for error codes though.