1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dirt 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Group B and 70s and 60s cars have me sold. Hell I'd kill for another chance to throw around a Stratos or a Starion Rally car.

Not to mention the Group B staples and perhaps the 90s rally cars, if Dirt 3 has rally cars from each generation, that alone would be a sale to me.

3. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

ooh just watched the youtube clip, thats gotta be fun if the car physics works.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

"Of course, donuts and reverse handbrake turns aren’t the easiest stunts to perform in a game with a realistic physics engine, so there was a fair degree of artificial assistance in the build we played." - I guess Bit Tech will complain about the inclusion of this feature in the full game review. Driving for dummies. Let's hope the nanny driving aid can be turned off but since this is an arcade game I doubt it.

5. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Articles on the Easter weekend! You spoil us bit-tech!

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Was that a game preview or an episode of Top Gear on Dave?

7. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Really looking forward to this game. Especially as the Steam page says they've included 2 player split screen this time :)

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

OH! Splitscreen! I'm in :D
    I was really impressed by Dirt 2 so probably would have picked this up eventually anyway.

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

HATE GFWL... It's a stupid program that infests the Codies games... Even now as I play F1 2010, I tune my car, save the setup so I can use it later (it saves it using GFWL), and what happens next time I want the setup?? It's simply GONE, It's like I never did anything, and I hate it when it's connecting and disconnecting, and have to uninstall GFWL, delete it's folder and reinstall...

I was looking forward this game, as I am for F1 2011, but having to deal with GFWL makes me think twice...

10. wst

wst Minimodder

Infection sounds pretty much the same as Virus tag on Forza 3. It's a good laugh, should be good for showing off the damage models.

11. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

gfwl... barf. Another game i'll never buy.

Too bad though, those multiplayer modes sound really fun and LAN-worthy

Last edited: 25 Apr 2011
  12. Canon

Canon Reformed

I so have something in my trousers for this game. Yes, my wallet.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

yup Im sold :)

14. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I for one liked the variety of events in Dirt 2, I actually preferred the sprint and hill climbs in utah over the rally carrying, and I loved the truck and SUV events too. The thing I missed the most from the original Dirt was the wacky rally categories like the dump truck category. I guess if there's a vehicle someone will race it, but my favourite moments in the original was pulling a several hundred meter side wheelie with a dump truck, and trying to go a race without flipping them.

I look forward to 3, but I for one loved the variety of the cars and race type. I think there was enough of each type to keep you satisfied... I'm gonna go reinstall and play dirt 2 again now.

15. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Split Screen for PC?

16. wst

wst Minimodder

Were you playing a different version of the last 2 games to everyone else? Sprint? Hillclimb? Dump trucks? Rally carrying?

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

I bought my G27 for Dirt2 and I can see me battering Dirt3 with it.

GFWL should be optional. I have Steam. That's all I need and want.

edit: due to being slightly unfair, deleted rant. I join the ranks of hating GFWL though.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2011
  18. User-sam

User-sam When in doubt, follow your nose.

LOL So true you deserve a thumbs up for that! :thumb:

19. Dissident

Dissident What's a Dremel?

I am so looking forward to this. I bought a G27 and a playseat for GT5, and as much as I enjoy that game, I am craving some Rally action.

20. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

GFWL.... grrr.

I would have sucked this horrible system up if it had at least helped bridge the gap between PC and 360 and allowed cross platform play for games it made sense, as this was hinted at in the past by MS. But it does not, so it is little more then horrible bloatwere that is just another layer of sh!t that can go wrong or crash or disconnect ect ect.

On that note, I was really glad about Valves PC/ Mac / PS3 steam and cross platform ... then the PSN network goes down directly after Portal 2's release.

God clearly does not approve of cross platform play and we should all take the hint.

Tags: Add Tags